2021 in 2021

1235»

Comments

• mussesseinmussessein ✭✭✭
    1311km to go. 
    In 1311, Lincoln cathedral is completed, in the process becoming the tallest structure in the world, surpassing the Great Pyramid at Giza, which had held the record for 4000 years!
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    As you might have gathered, I'm out...hamstring tendon flared up very badly mid-Feb and I had to bench myself. I'm starting back with some short Jeffing but it's not 100% so I am not going to attempt to play catch-up. 
  • DubairunnerDubairunner ✭✭✭
    Hey Cal. 2021 kilometers still an option. 
    684 miles done so 1337 to go

In 1337
    Start of the hundred years war (actually lasted 116 years) 
    End of another month. 725.91 miles done so 1295.09 to go. 

In 1295
    Marco Polo returns to Venice from travelling in China 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I agree with DRCal: 2021 km is possible!

Not sure that it is for me, but will keep plodding away!

As of yesterday 665km or miles should have been achieved. I have managed 317km so far due to illness, but getting back to it, gradually. 

So 1704 left. In 1704 English and Dutch troops captured Gibraltar from Spain.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • mussesseinmussessein ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Cal. I hope it heals quickly. You were covering a lot of distance. If you can build back to a similar level safely, then you'll regain a lot of ground.

1224km to go for me - In 1224, the university of Naples was founded.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    355 km completed, so 1666 to go. Quite a challenging target for me!

1666 as not a good year if you lived in London. The Great Plague of '65-'66 came to an end, not before around 25% of London's population died, although the city only numbered around 400, 000 at the time. Later in the year The Great Fire took hold, with 13,000 properties being destroyed, including the original St. Paul's cathedral; fortunately only six people lost their lives.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.