2021 in 2021

12346»

Comments

• I went past 2021km at some point this week, currently on 2049... So 1273 miles.

In 1273, Thomas Aquinas wrote Summa Theologica

• Well done, Muss! I guess this will be your highest ever year!

But not so great here! 1110k to go, so 911 completed. 

The Porsche 911 has an interesting story! In September 1963, Porsche presented the Porsche 901 at the IAA in Frankfurt as a successor to the Porsche 356 and production of the 901 began in September 1964. When Porsche presented the vehicle at the Paris Motor Show in October of that year, the French car manufacturer Peugeot objected to the model designation. The reason: Peugeot had patented a three-digit type designation with a zero in the middle.

Porsche therefore renamed the 901 as the 911. This combination of numbers is the same as the emergency number in the USA and was therefore already well known in this key market for Porsche. It ended up being a smart move for Porsche...thanks to their rivals, Peugeot. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • And alehouse you can’t buy a Porsche at the minute, tried to buy a new one recently and due chip shortage there’s at least a 7 month waiting list!

1521 miles done with 500 to go.

In 1521
    Pope Leo X excommunicates Martin Luther who promptly goes into hiding.
  • Hope you are getting in a decent weekly total, DR! Might be touch and go! Am spending a lot of time in your parts at present: watching rather a lot of cricket and it looks warm!

Not doing so well here: need some heat to help clear up a chest infection. As I have said before because of the poor first half of the year I will not be making 2021 in 2021. Have just made half way: 1011 done, 1010 to go!

In binary 1010 is 10 in our number system whilst 1011 is 11.  I think!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Alehouse, I thought you were here first time I read that and was hoping to meet up for a run. Yep, it’s still warm, mid 30s during the day which is higher than it should be in November. At least you’re still preserving and have made it to half way.

1573 miles to date, 448 to go. Still confident that it is doable.

In 1573
    Articles of the Warsaw Confederation are signed thus sanctioning religious freedom in Poland. 
  • How's it going?

1066 km completed here. Something to do with Hastings, I believe. 
  • 1749 miles completed so 272 to go.

In 1749
    Handel's first performance of Solomon at Covent Garden.
  • Some big weeks needed, DR! Nearly 11 miles a day!

Meanwhile I won't be managing the 900 that I have left! Will just see what I can manage! 900cc, the size of a Ducati engine, amongst others. 
  • Yep, probably will fall short.. 
  • Get as near as you can!
  • So 1824 done and 197 to go.

I was home in Ireland for the first time in over 3 years and got a bad head cold so that curtailed things so not this year. 

In 1824
    Thomas ‘Stonewall’ Jackson was born, a confederate general. 
  • Hope that Ireland was good, DR! And yes, 197 miles this week is a tall ask! See you in 2022!

Only 1203 km here, so 818 to go, which is even more unlikely!

818 is a Tequila. Doubt if my local alehouse stocks it!

Have a good festive season everyone!
  • Last run of the year done, ran every day averaging 5.047 miles a day.

1842.13 miles or 2964.62 kilometers.
  • Final total: 1233km 
    Disappointing.
    Hopefully considerably better next year!