Options

A thousand miles in 2021?

Comments

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    I am good, thank you, Harmander, just needed some time off. Hopefully your pacing today went well?

Tempo run this morning, slower end of the target paces but still on target. Then did spin class, it's a lot easier that way round!

YTD: 694.08
  • Options
    Today's half marathon takes me over the 800 mark. Unfortunately it was the slowest half I've done since 2015 (excluding one trail race that involved a lot of stile climbing, and the half I power walked when I was injured). I don't know what the hell is wrong with me.

YTD: 808
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    TT... 'Tempo run'...now that's something I remember doing way back! Not sure what it means for me these days; runs vary so much and pace is patchy at best. Would be good to spend some time on the track, and find out where I am. But no chance of that around here.
    Cal... my local parkrun is Chipping Norton School parkrun. Well done on the 800'.
    Harmander...keep looking! The 'body re-fit' is becoming quite urgent!!!

We've been busy all week with family, and I think it was just a sense of relief that got me out for a half mar. run this afternoon. Came back near exhausted but strangely refreshed! (Another 11min/mile av.pace!...2h24min.)

YTD: 580' .
  • Options
    Congrats on the 800 Cal.
    I jogged very slowly - almost walking pace the whole way without any side effects - was about 15 minutes faster overall from the London Landmarks three weeks ago.
  • Options
    TT - there were no pacers at the Big Half today - which really helped me to just use the run as a test.

YTD = 910.35 miles

• Options
    Congrats on all the half marathons being run, I’d love to be running further but the weather is still the determining factor and the treadmill is always a last resort.

Runstreak day 236

22.8 4.23
    23.8 3.36

YTD 1225.65 miles

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭

I do love a good race report but not with this sort of error!!!

It’s Smith's second win this year after winning the Cheshire Elite Marathon in a time of 2mins 11secs back in April.

Extract from the RW article on the Vitality Big Half.
  • Options
    No wonder I couldn't keep up with him
  • Options
    Another weekend of sailing for me so knee got a bit of a rest from running.
    7 miles this evening felt ok...marathon training back on...won't get close to that pace MrM2, remarkable  :D.
    1233 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander: Hope you enjoyed the weekend HM, sounds like it was a success.

Mr MM: I really know what you mean with 'exhausted but refreshed. Its a good feeling.

I was at my local parkrun Saturday (24.06) and did my regular 5 mile loop yesterday. Hope to do a couple of 15 mile runs in the next two weeks, thinking about the Manchester marathon.

YTD: 900.3
  • Options
    After that terrible half on Sunday, I feel completely unprepared for Manchester, Donnie.
    MrM2...yeah, that'd give Kipchoge something to worry about, eh?
    6 recovery miles...didn't sleep well thanks to being full of adrenaline after upstairs neighbour's dishwasher flooded into my flat yesterday afternoon. Not what I needed!

YTD: 814
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal that does not sound good with the dishwasher, were they at least in?? Sorry to hear about the HM, when are you seeing the cardiologist?

Donnie I will be interested in your views on Manchester, it might be the one I try for next year. 

Harmander how are you feeling after Sunday?

Six very lazy miles this morning, over in Cumbria so more elevation gain than I am used to, also a lot more cows and sheep!

YTD: 700.08
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Just calling in to congratulate...
    TT...for passing 700' and
    Donnie for passing 900' .

Cal... sorry about the flood!

My 5 miles this morning didn't improve my 5k time; just consolidated my previous, poor result!

YTD: 585' .
  • Options
    Tt - Calf is stiffer than I hoped but not as bad as it could have been.

Congrats on the 700.

Picture of two of our club members on the official email link to the Big Half results.

https://email.bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=2.22.1#app/mail
  • Options
    TT, not at first...she'd gone out for a walk. I managed to email someone who had her number so I left a voicemail and she came right back. I did a full on panic at first but then managed to compose myself enough to get some buckets from my other neighbours and then I went out and found the stopcocks so I could turn the water off for a bit...my flat is rather soggy and the kitchenette will need repainting but as it is, my flat is very shabby anyway so it's not like it spoiled much. It was a bad enough flood that it went through my flat into the flat underneath, though, so I hope upstair's neighbour's insurance is good!
    Well done on your 700 and Donnie, on your 900.
    Harmander, I did see a couple of your guys running...younger than these two though.
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Harmander what a lovely picture of two happy runners, with spectators. Good to hear that calf has held up.

Cal I am with you, hopefully she has good insurance!

Fabulous slow run this morning, out before the tourists 😀 MrMr2 hopefully speed will arrive soon. 

YTD: 705.18
  • Options
    I had to try and squeeze in a midweek long run as I'm away next weekend. Managed 18 though legs were still tired from the half. Still slow but I got it done.

YTD: 832
  • Options
    Cal,
    You probably saw the same runners earlier in the race - they simply aged during it - just kidding, we had 50 runners, not all Sikhs, far from it, only about 15 were Sikhs, the rest reflected the diversity of our club.  Our fastest (Jag Bassi) did about 1:31 with another about 2minutes slower, Rani Murphy did nearly four hours.
    TT - these two are always happy when they beat me.
  • Options
    Cal, got to say this, I am several years older than the chaps in the picture - but my good looks, charm and modesty makes me look much younger
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks TT.  Not sure that I've ever considered any of my runs to be 'fabulous' and certainly not the slow ones!
    But I have never regretted going out for a run. In that sense, every run is a good one.
    Harmander... hope that the 'body re-fit' doesn't interfere with those 'good looks'!!
    Cal... 18 miles!!!  Don't think I'm anywhere near ready for that challenge, but I am looking forward to being by the coast in the next few days, and hope to run a flat Half. Would like to try a track 5k. rather than parkrun.

Decided to reverse my 5k route this morning, and was a minute quicker than yesterday (?!?)

YTD:590' .
  • Options
    I've run a couple of track 5Ks, MrM2...not my favourite though. I've run faster at parkruns. I think the problem is, the field is limited on the track and I've always been the slowest so I've ended up running on my own, more or less...at parkrun there is always someone to chase.

Not feeling 100% at the mo but I got 6 miles done today, recovery pace but with a few strides (not very fast ones mind) during the last mile in an attempt to perk my legs up.

YTD: 838
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal have you any idea what's causing you to not feel well? Have you had all your tests?

MrMr2 well done on 60 seconds quicker. 

Out early before the motorway..........

YTD: 709.82
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... know what you mean about preference for parkrun over track for 5k but I would just like to find out my best, steady pace for that distance, and the track removes most of the variables.

Decided to run a set of 4 x mile loops yesterday before a Physio session. 
    So good to feel that the Physio is 'on your side' and knows just where to hurt you!
    Rest day, today, but hope to try a longer run tomorrow. (Half marathon?)

YTD: 594' .
  • Options
    MrM2, re the body re-fit - am making enquiries if I can get join the queue to receive any new robotic legs that just attach themselves to my current ones - just like in some futuristic films.

Just did 3 x 4.20 milers this week on alternate days.

YTD = 922.95 miles
  • Options
    Sounds like we're all struggling on despite what our bodies are trying desperately to tell up, keep it up folks, great miles.
    Lovely few runs this week out here in the Wild West, Wednesday was a club social (cake) bit of road, bit of trail along the river bank. Last night beginners club did a hilly 10k...great run.
    This morning was a run home from the beach after dropping the car off...the things you have to do here for a bank holiday parking space.
    1249 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Cal: hope the flat is OK and the neighbours insurance is up to the job. 

Mr MM: hope you got your planned HM done today. 

Might get out later. I've been at the headingley test today. The lunch time finish has left me at a loose end! 

Twice around the 5 mile loop and 8.6 last night. Trying to increase the mileage with Manchester marathon about 7 weeks away. I've also got the Sheffield half on the final Sunday in Sept. 

Ytd: 918.9
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie...we are told to always listen to our bodies, but sometimes they talk too much. (I read somewhere that when it starts to hurt you are only at about 40% of what you can take!)  
    Thanks for posting another super snap!

Thanks Donnie. Me too on increasing the long run!

Set off at 6 this morning to find out if the body could cope with a longer run. (Physio just 2 days ago)
    Well it really surprised me; I thought I would go for 15 miles, then I took it up to 16'! 
    Having done three Half-mara's in the last couple of weeks with a walk/run strategy I was pleased to manage it all without walking. And my pace was much better. (15 miles @ 10:05) 

Garmin let me down again. I saved the run at 15 miles and it went blank. All I had to show was '15 miles in 2:31:18  Av. 10:05 pace.' I couldn't display the map or read my mile splits. Never mind. Ended the run with a slow mile.

YTD: 610' .
  • Options
    Congrats on the 600 MrM2.

Managed a parkrun plus another 6km and the jog there and back at the pace I need to do GNR - calf a bit stiff at the time but getting better all the time.

7.25 miles

YTD = 930.20 miles
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Didn't intend to run yesterday but hearing Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday announce a 95th equaliser against my team, it left me in need of something to lift the mood. 5 tea time miles. 

Ytd: 923.9