Options

A thousand miles in 2021?

Comments

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Just a 5k 'pre-stretch' run for me today.

YTD: 932' .
  • Options
    Cal: you're right about the 1984 alton towers, the corkscrew was the big ticket item. However they'd just opened 'the black hole' which was a roller-coaster in a large and very dark tent. Back in that day, I thought it was great. 

5 in 40 last night. 

Ytd: 1158.5
  • Options
    Runstreak day 324

17.11 2.16
    18.11 8.01
    19.11 5.84

YTD 1650.27 miles

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    MrMr2 how did the stretching go? I adore chocolate, but search out vegan because milk doesn't really like me much. There are a couple of handmade chocolate places very close and they do delivery. 

DR ice on the cars this morning, and a light frost on the ground at 0800! Bring warm clothes, if you have any??

Cal three days in a row well done, how are you feeling?

YTD: 1056.65
  • Options
    Donnie, Black Hole scared the crap out of me when I first rode it. It's long gone now but the ride itself is pretty tame compared to the stuff I've ridden since. It was good at the time though - remember them doing an episode of Blue Peter on it.

TT, legs are mostly OK. We'll see at parkrun today I guess. But I'm feeling slightly under the weather.
    Sainsbury's have quite a few dairy-free chocolate bars now...guess most of the big supermarkets do. I'm gluten free myself and there's been a huge increase in free from stuff in most big shops.
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal I am wheat free! We have a great independent shop locally which sells five different types of wheat free flour, makes cake baking so easy. I can relate to the feeling under the weather.

Out before dawn on the run anywhere with streetlights run. Really enjoyed it, running slowly has some serious benefits. First 40+ mile week since February! 

YTD: 1069.80
  • Options
    8.3 last night and parkrun today. I'm ok but still feel like I'm not moving well.  Next target is the Doncaster 10k -Sunday 28th. i'll be happy with sub 50. Run 5 miles (so 8km + 50 metres) on Wed in 40.03, felt I was on my limited but in a race, with 3000 others and a flat traffic free course I might have maintained my pace. 

YTD: 1166.9
  • Options
    Dubai, quality streak...hope home isn't too chilly.
    Local fitness coach organised a 5k for Children in Need....think I was 4th...I hate 5ks 
    1600 miles YTD 

• Options
    Well done, TT.
    Donnie, I can relate to not moving well. My mate took a video of me finishing the Alton Towers half last weekend...felt like I was flying but in reality, my feet were barely leaving the floor.

They definitely weren't at Reigate Priory parkrun today. Tricky course with a lot of tree roots (cunningly hidden by leaves) so I checked my pace a lot in order to avoid a rolled ankle. Ran a rubbish 30:10 but ankles stayed in tact. Nice venue though.

YTD: 1087
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... Well done on the (I hate 5k) placing, and for reaching 1600 miles!

Cal... Another parkrun...and very wise to take the tree roots seriously!

TT... Always enjoy the stretches..but still too easy to avoid them! Yes, running slowly is supposed to be key for all sorts of benefits...I just need to convince myself, every time! Probably need to set off with a different mind-set.

Thought I was ready for something like 14 miles this morning but settled for 7!

YTD: 939' .
  • Options
    Funny, MrM2...I did actually run 14 miles. Slow start but picked the pace up a little at the halfway point and felt mostly OK.
    Hobie, well done (I think we cross posted yesterday). 5Ks are tough but it's the 10Ks I really loathe...almost 5K pace but for twice as long. Ugh. Congrats on the 1600.

YTD: 1101 🎉
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Well done on 1100 Cal. MrMr2 my mind set on Saturday was complete the 'run' I said I could run or walk but I was doing the mileage. I did run it all but I found it easier to start saying I could walk it. Donnie I am always surprised at how I can maintain pace when there are people with me. 

Hobie with you on the 5km, and also it's not long enough to justify chocolate! Well done on 1600. 

Had to turn back down one road this morning as I hit ice!!

YTD: 1077.97
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Didn't warm up much today but at least I didn't encounter ice this afternoon.
    Seem to have collected a few muscle twinges over the last few days so wanted a simple, steady run. Tick!
    10km in a little over 63 mins. and only a few seconds slower on the second 5k.  

YTD: 945' .
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cold, so cold! Not even spin class before warmed me up. Very slow run but enjoyable. 

MrMr2 sounds like a perfect 10km. Looks like you will make the 1000 soon?

YTD: 1082.25
  • Options
    Sorry TT, couldn’t resist, getting nice here. Another BBQ and pool day although I have worked nights the last few days so relaxing in the garden is called for.

Have had a thigh strain, nothing to do with running but over stretching pruning some bushes! 

So low miles to keep the Runstreak alive. Though with nights I don’t run many miles anyway.

Runstreak day 328

20.11 6.64
    21.11 2.08
    22.11 1.43
    23.11 1.43

YTD 1661.85 miles

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Started my day by watching breakfast TV! (Now that's a first!) to see Kevin Sinfield complete his 101 miles in 24 hours, in aid of MND. Quite an extraordinary fund-raising venture. 
    Only wish that I could come up with something as significant, to raise funds and awareness for Mrs M's condition (MSA...Multiple System Atrophy). 

Did anyone else see the piece about Shalane Flanagan running all six Majors? She ran them all in a six week period; two were on consecutive days (Chicago and Boston). Her times were all between 2:33 and 2:47. Quite astounding!

Now for the 'also-ran'....Made the most of today's conditions and ran 7 miles (10k was a minute slower than yesterday's).

YTD: 952' .      (and Yes, TT...the 1000' is getting closer...Happy.)
  • Options
    Wasn't feeling tip top yesterday so just did a very gentle 4 recovery, but I got out and did 9 today and felt better for it. Cold though - running in a hoodie and gloves and a fleecy headband/ear warmer at the moment!

YTD: 1114
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    DR if you put a decimal point in between the 3 and the 2 then you might be at our temperature yesterday! 

MrMr2 I read the article, I was totally amazed, she is a fantastic athlete. 7 miles is fab.

Well done Cal.

Did not want to go out this morning, decided to go for a walk in my kit, so cold I started running! 

YTD: 1087.63
  • Options
    Mon, Tues and Wed nights around my 5 mile loop. Usually set off around 6pm, cold, still, clear, personally, almost perfect conditions. 

Hip feels better and I'm moving more freely, but must stick with my stretching regime. 

Doncaster 10k on Sunday. Weather forcast isn't great but hopefully the wind predicted for Saturday will have blown itself out. 

I normally target 46/47 mins for a 10k, but Sunday, I'll be happy with sub 50. 

Ytd: 1181.9
  • Options
    I love hearing how everyone is getting on all around the place...top mileage.
    I'm working from home this week so enjoying a few coast path runs and a club 5k handicap race tonight...2 seconds slower than last time but happy with 19min 35secs.
    1624 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Weather's not great is it? But we're on the verge of December so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.
    Did 5 yesterday, including strides. Didn't die so I should be OK for parkrun. :lol:

YTD: 1119
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Donnie you have had a great year, I am so pleased your hip feels better, like you I have increased the stretching.

Hobie does WFH mean daylight runs?

I hit the treadmill in the gym this morning, weather is, let's say, interesting up here! Very slow first few miles then 5 at MP then the last one speeding up to 10km pace. 

YTD: 1098.28!
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Good to see you all ticking over nicely.

Two days ago I was happy with a mixed four mile run; incorporating some faster sections.

Yesterday I intended to go for a longer run but after 200m I had another occurrence of severe leg pain, and had to hobble home. First time it has happened on a run. Could have big implications. Had several hours of pain but feeling more normal today.

Freezing weather here, and threat of light snow. Treadmill could be a solution until my leg is more predictable.....and the sun returns?

YTD: 956' .
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    MrMr2 have you asked anyone about a torn labrum (FAI is the medical catchall acronym)? Not saying it is but you seem to have some of the symptoms I had. 

Weather is horrible, trees down, hail on the back lawn from last night, ice on roads, Parkruns cancelled. I think we are back in a Yorkshire winter! TM in the garage, changed the speed every time the Abba track changed.

YTD: 1107.90
  • Options
    I'd definitely get that looked at, MrM2...severe indicates an injury rather than a niggle so get yourself to a physio eh?
    Weather's not so bad in London but still very cold and rather breezy. Ended up doing a local parkrun (Brockwell, my third closest) as my other two choices weren't viable due to cancellation in one instance and engineering work on the railway in the other. Ran to the park but got a lift home. Rubbish time, though...felt like I was going a lot quicker than my result suggests. 

YTD: 1126
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for advice (TT and Cal) . I've managed to get a 'phone consultation with my GP....just need to wait for two weeks!). (Mrs M has a problem with a broken tooth and needs a dental appointment....'We have a slot available in March...'   Ever felt disillusioned?   Why not just tell us to go private?

Back on pain-killers today, and no prospect of running in the near future.
    Woke up this morning to a couple of inches of snow! Oh well..it is nearly December.

Anyone seen Harmander?
    Well done TT on passing 1100'.

YTD is unchanged at 956' but still hope to reach 1000' by end of year....?
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    MrMr2, just dropped in as sat on sofa eating chocolate! Do you have a decent physio? Mine can direct refer to MRI scans (be it privately). Also when I thought I had torn my labrum again last year my physio was able to do all the tests and reassure me I had not. 
  • Options
    Wow, that was breezy this morning. Storm Arwen...5ish miles, had to help local councillor to drag a tree off the road before climbing through a fallen tree...wild coast path with spray coming up off the sea to shower me...loved it.
    1637 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Doncaster parkrun this morning. At least I didn't rain. Forcast was brutal, but as I say, it stayed dry, I was layered up so stayed warm and the strong wind was as much on my back as it was in my face. Wet under foot on part but glad I went. 

It's the Doncaster 10k tomorrow so numbers always drop a little at the day before parkrun, but think the weather was the main reason for falling to 107 from the more typical 250. 

I'm at the doncaster 10k tomorrow. I'll settle for sub 50. 

Ytd: 1185.0