Last rest 31/12/20

Have a good day all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes, great time

Yesterday's were The Gas Man Cometh, Flanders and Swann. And I hope he or she does, Els and OH.

What: short and easy plus longer stretches

Why: yesterday was long run day plus shorter stretching

Hope Chamolk is ok: not seen him for a while.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

I hope your heating continues to function Els/OH.

Dustin - I don't think there has been any evidence suggesting that meeting one person outdoors to exercise is a risk. If I had enough willing friends I'd feel safe meeting a different one for a walk each day.

Sounds as though you're being sensible Wabo.

Yes, hoping chamolk is just busy and not on nights alehouse.

Fracture clinic again this afternoon but this time to see the man who sorted my shoulder after my accident.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Hope this afternoon is useful, LMH. I would imagine the guy will have some good ideas for rehab exercises.

Very wet yesterday evening and through the night so paddling in prospect when I run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sad I missed yesterday, I love Flanders and swan!

Did 5km with a friend yesterday. Risk outside is hugely reduced, wouldn't have done it otherwise!  Could feel the fast 5km in my legs from Sunday.

Today just walk Lucas to nursery, how long before they shut too?

Hope your heating continues oh and els and fracture clinic goes well today omg. How's the pain now? 

I know the lyrics too :)

Have a lovely day all
  • All go here heating folk have arrived and trying to avoid workmen in every room...social distancing and all that!
    Chick sorry you still feel rough!
    LMH.hope ortho clinic is useful.
    Emz nice 5k.
    Will go out a bit later today I think.
  • Both the CH plumbers and summerhouse arrived before 9am.
    So 2 plumbers working away inside (no heating and frost on ground) and 3 guys erecting the summer house outside.
    Mayhem today!
  • That does sound very busy OH/Els.

I hope for your sake they don't emzap. Is Lucas sleeping any better? My swelling and pain continue to reduce thanks.

I doubt Mr E will give me much input on exercises alehouse but I hope to have a better idea of what I can/can't/should/shouldn't be doing with it and when I should be able to resume running and driving.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH/Els - sounds hectic!
    Emz - nice work
    LMH - Good luck at the clinic. 
    I don't think there is risk per se meeting one other outside, but I was talking more of a cumulative contacts. Let's say each friend you meet had been to Tesco, and had met up with someone else who'd been to work (school/NHS) who in turn had met others that had been on a train or bus....Low risk perhaps, but no risk if you don't meet anyone!

What - Hills
    Why - schedule
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - reckon today...
    lyric - not sure I do

• Ah - good news regarding the summer house and the heating OH and Els

Good luck at the fracture clinic LMH - hopefully some more progress.  I got my (simple) turbo last year in case we got locked indoors (wasn't the case fortunately, but quarantine is still a risk).  I decided I should use the thing every now and then (and the racer attached to it).

Good point regarding chamolk, hope he is ok.

Enjoy the hills Dustin.

I wonder about my downstairs neighbours - she is a teacher and has two school-age kids - they have had several visits over the last days (I hear that rather than twitch the curtains!) - how many contacts must they have. 

Shame M75 doesn't feel running with you would be safe Ale. 

Homemade pizza is yumm chicksta, definitely worth the effort. 

Hope the 2m went well Wabo.

Fingers crossed with the nursery emzap. 

What: some sort of local trot around
    Why: don't want to descend off of my hill per car this evening - currently horizontal snow.  Hoping that I can get a shop in before it gets too bad.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Afternoon, just!

What: pleasant local trot around (and enjoy yours, Hazel!)

Why: a pleasant day with bright blue skies and around 4 degrees, perhaps higher. Lots of puddles and mud and the river is high, just below the lower bank, probably from a rapid thaw higher up in the Pennines. More ice and snow forecast for tomorrow. Just under 40 minutes run, plus stretches for the 12th day in a row. 

My first post of the day should have said, "Great tune (not time)". 
  • Peter bought a turbo at beginning of lockdown for same reason Hazel, I have used it a bit but dont like it, was useful for pre op isolating though.
    Just been for a walk and started sleeting, should have run while it was nice. Rainbows in between though.
    Summer house is going up fast, in the house the radiators are coming out one by one, the long bent ones below the bay windows are causing them to curse! Difficult to get out the door. Gonna be cold here though we've got the fire lit doors are open a lot!
    Made some choc orange brownies but think it's even not within the rules to make the guys tea and biscuits now, they retire to their van for coffee time!

• Summer house looks good. Hope progress with the heating ia as quick!

Very true Dustin. I am very cautious about how risky I feel the person I'm meeting is. Today's friend is probably the most but her boys are not at school, she has shopping delivered, isn't bubbled with anyone and her husband works in a cv19 secure workplace so I feel quite safe. Anyone I didn't think was following the rules would be a no no for me.

Enjoy your run Hazel. Hope you can get to the shops.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh I'm the same, each person I meet is assessed for covid risk 🤣
  • Finally made it out for a wee run...v icy and legs tired....must be all the shifting furniture have done today. More to come. All old radiators and boiler out....they seem to think putting new ones in will be challenging. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Els/OH - the "man shed" is looking good  :D
    Like it - covid assessed friends!

Big boy pants well and truly pulled up for a hill pyramid.
    It's ~400m bottom to top and I often do straight up & backs. 
    This time had (mental) markers - you may know them as "trees" - roughly 40m apart.
    You know the drill 1 and back , 2 and back....10 (the top) and back, then 9, 8...3, 2, 1
    Absolutely knackered me, was 4.8 miles of "session", just over 9 including there & back. Glad I got that one done amidst the higher mileage. 
    Wonder if walking will be possible tomorrow?
  • Hope chick is feeling better today.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    That is some session Dustin wow! Well done. Don't worry, I think you'd be on the approved list of covid assessed friends 🤣
  • Nice session Dustin.

I hope that it's an easier job than they think Els and that you don't get too cold. Do you have hot water?

I think it's only sensible emzap.

Just home from fracture clinic and back in a collar and cuff as they wanted it at 90 degrees though I'm not sure it's there it is closer than it could get in the poly sling. Bones are in good alignment. Allowed to sit around without the sling but supposed to put it on if pottering to stop me trying to use it and when out. Must not fall over. Not allowed to lift anything. Need to do physio exercises and only return to clinic if I think there's a problem. No running for another four weeks and probably as long until I can drive. It will never be 100% but will probably be as good as it gets in about a year.
  • Wow Els & OH: That sounds like quite a job. How you're not too cold.

I'm wondering about chamolk also. And Poppy, coming to think of it.

LMH: wow, that's hardcore news it never getting back to 100% :(
    Still, I hope you prove them wrong. Bones showing good alignment sounds promising.

Great training,  Dustin.

Wish I could run 5k with a friend, em. It's parkrun Hamburg's 2nd anniversary today 😥
    Nurseries already shut here.

Hazel: what are the rules for visitors in Switzerland?

I eased back into work today (home office obviously). Keeps my head busy and distracts from the pain which is getting better. Still a bit shaky first thing but at least I didn't need to lie down again after brushing my teeth.

30 mins of s&c done ✔
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick take it easy if you're still not 100%. Yeah I'm holding on to running with a friend occasionally. It'll soon not be allowed I'm sure. I'm so torn about nursery as having seen Lucas after the first lockdown he wouldn't leave my side at all and now he's so confident. I don't want to lose that, but on the other hand, I don't want to get covid! There have so far been no cases at our nursery, so I am hopeful that they are doing everything they can.

I was wondering about poppy yesterday...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Evening!

WP was on another thread yesterday!

Take it easy Chick! 

It was several years before I got full strength back, LMH. And be very careful with the other arm: I ended up with an overuse injury! Can't remember how long before I could drive but it must have been at least 6 weeks. Take care!

Hope RFJ is ok!
  • Chick..sounds an improvment but don't do too much work! It's pretty cold here except within a metre radius of the fireplace. Wasn't too bad in the day as lots of moving stuff back and forwards kept us warm. Feel like we're getting under their feet unintentionally but can't really get out for too long either.
    Emz...difficult decision re nursery.
    LMH...advice sounds about right. 
    Should try to find a space to do some yoga.
    Hope RFJ is ok too!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh flip that's harsh, poor you! You'll be back though 
    Emzap tough decisions all round for people at the moment. My daughter is pulling her hair out with literally not a minute to herself. 
    Chick glad you're a bit better
    Dustin what a session, you're hard core
    Alehouse sounds like you had a nice run

I did 3 in the end, just under 2 to Jodie's to spend some time with Cleo so agree has a breather. Then I jogged back 1.2 
    New shoes like being on air! Love the ron hill beanie and bought gloves as well. Thanks for the heads up lmh
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can