Friday 15th January 2021 Oh, yeah, I'll tell you something

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Oh, yeah, I'll tell you something
I think you'll understand

What: a run of some description this morning plus stretches

Why: icy and foggy at present so will wait a couple of hours before deciding.

Cricket to be watched in the meanwhile. 

Good to see you Chamolk. And hope Hazel is ok: not seen her for a few days.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - Sleep? That's cheating !  :D 
    Chick - ahh the itchy scar, no irritation quite like it....soon be over, soon be back out there
    Ale - no outside shower, it was suggested that I hose myself down from the garden tap. I do think how we can add a small lobby complete with shoe racks and integrated shower though.
    Read about your friend Ron Hill in the hard copy of RW yesterday. 
    Don't think they do Vintage GB string vests anymore. (I'd look stupid anyway)

What - some slow miles
    Why - Friday is shorter and easier
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yes oh yes

Dustin enjoy the easy slow miles. I hosed my trail  shoes at my then left mates the other week, outside tap, then left them all week in the boot of my car!! Frozen when I put them on the next week 😂
    Alehouse enjoy the easy, I need to stretch too! 
    What I'll run to feel today, slow but don't know how far
    Why want to do 5 and weekend looks busy
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Happy Friday all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick great shower photo! 
    Chamolk nice to hear from you, hope you slept good
    Had a good night myself at last. 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chamolk, I knew you'd get those lyrics! Was hoping you'd pop in :)

For everyone else they are the theme to go jetters which is a favourite on cbeebies over here (no idea why I had it in my head, we hadn't watches cbeebies all week!).

Today's lyrics yes! Ale I find yours much easier than some of the others :)

What: walk into town with neighbour
    Why: need to do a post office run (I'm limiting them but have presents to post)
    Last hard: my run yesterday though it shouldn't have been

Back on the weight loss and 700g lost this week :)

Chick itching is horrid. My scar still itches occasionally 16 months and 1 day on!

How's the heating progressing oh and els?

Lmh any better with sleep?

Have a great day all.
  • Lyrics, yes rarely do I get them but Ale's definitely easier!
    Good running folks.
    I really didn't feel like it yesterday, cold with biting wind so just 3m round scapa was enough. Been a poor running week. Work is coming on with all but 2 radiators now installed but unfortunately new boiler will be next week's job. It is definitely milder out today though. Not enjoying being cold all the time! That's with 3 layers of jersey/fleece combo!
    Off to deepest south Ronaldsay to visit a friend/have a walk with him. So afternoon running again which never seems to work as well as morning.
    Have a good running/recuuperating(chick) day.
  • Cold, foggy but fortunately not icy here alehouse - hope it clears for you.

I have bathroom envy chicksta. Hope the itchy phase passes quickly.

Good to see you chamolk. Hope you managed to sleep.

I did have a better night thanks emzap. How is Lucas sleeping now?

Frozen shoes not at all nice Wabo.

A shame you couldn't swap the walk and run Els - I much prefer morning running too. Not good that you have so much longer to go without heating.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon!

Waited until it was marginally warmer but never really got going; fingers were struggling despite decent gloves. Anyway, around 40 minutes banked. 

Doing well in the cricket...or were doing until it rained. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon....good running going on! Just managed to stay ahead of falling darkness on wideford but had a lovely morning in S Ron...walked to their group with Robin and enjoyed a wee bit of sunshine in his greenhouse...even with doors wide open was warmer than our house!
    All radiators in but we are told will be end of next week before rest of the job is done.Bit of furniture shifting to do when Peter comes back from his swim...nutter!
    LMH...when do you potentially start vaccinating?
    Emz...couldn't imagine restricting food in this cold!
    Chick...hope things getting better.
  • I hope you can stay warm Els. No idea on a start date - not until I can use my arm anyway.
  • Good to see you, chamolk.

Wabo: that's a hilarious shoe story :D.

Nice weight loss, em.

Els/OH: not the nicest if prospects to spend the weekend in a cold house. Without Covid you could stay with friends or go someplace into nice B&B. And heating/boilers never break down in summer. This must be warped law.... Maybe you can move into your friend's greenhouse ;)
    Also agree on afternoon runs being harder.

LMH: so glad you had a better night. Yeah, I love that bathroom - even if we've had it for 10 years now. It has underfloor heating as well which is just the best invention ever ;)

Enjoy the cricket, ale.

Also hoping that Hazel is ok.

More s&c here.

Last hard: not ripping that goddamn bandage off and scratch the foot :D

• chicksta - I can't believe you've been in your house for ten years! I remember the blogs about building it.

Hope Hazel is ok.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    did 5k in the end, very slow and a mile walk
    els oh my goodness I do feel for you! That cold water is meant to be good for us though...
    alehouse nice one, it was a bit warmer here today but I think I will feel like that tomorrow
    emzap did you do a post office run? That was my walk funny enough. I will need to get on the weight loss thing, I am suddenly eating everything!

• Wabo...I was the same after I was ill in the summer....just go with it and enjoy the eating!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I will els and worry about the pounds later 😂
  • Bit of painting (where one radiator was) then 4 mile run.
    Swim at sundown (but no sunset :'( )
    eService video compilations done for Sunday.
    We actually spent a wee while in the summer house today, arguably warmer than inside house.
    Most of essential rooms back in action but no central heating anticipated until tail end of next week.
    Physio colleague of ours died this week about 15 or more years younger than us. Sad.
    Last rest - well no formal exercise exercise yesterday but my back is stiff from all the furniture shifting.
    Lyrics YES

My brother, a retired engineer, after completing all the Covid vaccinator training a while back, has now been offered an Occ.Health pre-employment check before he gets to APPLY for jobs!