Sunday 17th January 2021 The moment I wake up

Morning!

Lyrics: The moment I wake up
Before I put on my makeup

Yesterday's were Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da. The Beatles never released this in the UK as a single but Marmalade went to number one with it: the first Scottish band to top the charts. 

What: easy run plus stretches

Why: Sunday tends to be an easy day
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

I wouldn't say no to a piece Els!

Much nicer weather here today alehouse - hope you get similar.

Lola is at the vets for her check-up soon. Expecting her to signed off as she's certainly feeling better judging by the fact that she was trying to do zoomies in the hall when we were getting ready for our walk.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

Reasonable weather here as well, LMH for my 45 minutes excursion. Brings up 50k for the week. 

Lola sounds on good form!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Too good alehouse - we are going to have to keep her on her lead for another couple of weeks or she may do herself a mischief. Had an email to arrange my face to face training so have replied that I'm not available for the next two weeks. Hoping that by the time I'm five weeks post fracture I should be able to manage compressions and injections even if I have to get Mark to drive me to the training venue.
  • Afternoon...quiet here!
    Lyrics...yes a 2 day streak!
    LMH you could have a recipe!
    Two of us wimped out of a yesnaby run this morning...could hardly stand in the wind...scaled down and relocated to ring of Brodgar and followed by a v nice camper van brewed coffee in AMs van and carrot cake.
    May join another run this afternoon in memory of Scottish ultra runner who died this week though not so keen on getting cold again and I will be bringing up the rear! 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH /Els - sorry to hear about the loss of your physio friend - really tragic
    dont forget too that I’m available to rehome leftover cake...😀
    Chamolk - decent mile splits 
    Ale - decent mileage!
    LMH - half you got out this weekend and sounds good news re Lola
    Plenty of good training elsewhere too!

what - 2h trails
    why - long run
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday 
    ran the clubs January TT yesterday : a 2 mile trail loop. Bad timing as the ground was sodden and the climbs were just thick gloop. Managed about 7:30 pace but that was tough enough. Few miles before & after.

• Afternoon :)

Still no word from Hazel? I hope she's ok 🙏

That tray bake looks mighty fine to me, Els. You're being modest. Another loss? Or are physio friend and ultra runner the same person?

Sounds like your Spine challenge is coming along nicely, Dustin.

Lola seems in good spirits, LMH. Hope your arm is good enough in two weeks time for you to complete the training.

More boring core work here. Beautiful crisp day, couple of degrees below zero. Hubby walked a few miles for me ;)
    Gawd, how I want those stitches out ;) appointment is at noon tomorrow :+1:
  • Chick...it's tasty enough. Afraid half was rehomed to my running friend this morning Dustin...have to be quicker off the mark!
    The ultrarunner was a v respected Scottish ultra runner who I've never met but followed his blogs and quite a few local runners knew him. Family had asked for folk to run at the time of his funeral as a mark of respect. Not been a good January for folk.
    Good running Dustin. 
    Just back from our hill run. Wind has dropped quite a bit. 
  • My achievements were more modest than Elspeth, partly because back has been stiff secondary to all the furniture humping.
    Started touching up area behind old radiator locations. Short run (5k)
    Last rest: no running or swimming yesterday.
    Last hard: picking things up from floor!
    Did know yesterday's lyrics but forgot to say. No idea on today's.
  • I can’t bake at the minute Els and cake I’ve made myself isn’t quite the same 😊Sounds like a sensible decision to relocate. Did you go out again?

More good miles Dustin. I’m glad I can walk. It’s not the same but much better than nothing.

Hope the post op check and stitch removal goes ok chicksta. How long until you can walk?

Have been told there will be no problem arranging my training as soon as I’m ready which has made me feel better.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Sorry been missing in action over here on RW

Shielding here so off work, still keeping up with the exercise bike and pole walking

Head is not great but keeping going

Sorry not the best conversationalist at present, but was good to get out on the VPR yesterday (44/44) with another MS'er, which was good to be able to chat all things MS.

Hope all are well, take care
  • Good to see you, RFJ! Stay positive! The training seems to be going as well as it can be!

Take it easy, OH!

Hazel?
  • Good to see you, RFJ. Must be nice to have someone to change experiences with.

Els: that's a great idea by that ultra runner's family. Something I'll keep in mind for my own funeral ;)

LMH: Shoe comes off on Feb. 15. That's when I can start walking again. I remember my doctor saying I should wean myself off it slowly :D. I thought sod it and immediately changed into my trainers when I left the surgery 🤫
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Only just made today
    Lyrics yes. Catch up tomorrow
    5 and a bit run 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can