Have a good Monday all
Hope I sleep
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Say a Little Prayer, Aretha Franklin

Awake early: cricket to listen to. Hopefully back to sleep afterwards. Trust you got some, Wabo!

What: hopefully a decent length run

Why: Monday is usually long run day

Hope everything goes to plan, Chick!

Back later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning.

Hope you managed to sleep Wabo.

Good to see you RFJ.

It feels like a long time but it will soon pass chicksta. You managed your rehab really well last time and I have no doubt you'll do the same this.

Enjoy the long run alehouse. If your forecast is the same as ours today is looking much better than tomorrow weather wise - typical as I was hoping to do a longer walk tomorrow (have to be back for work today).
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Not enough but yes went off at 1. 6 hours not enough for me! 
    My mum loves the cricket alehouse. Hope you enjoy that and your run
    Rfj nice to see you
    Lmh hope all is ok with you
    Sad news yesterday, a good friends mum passed away and she was like mum to all of us, used to all go away together including 'mum'. Such good memories of her. Then my daughter's mum also passed away. It was really on my mind hence not being able to sleep.
    Times are tough no getting away from it. 

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Thought I'd posted yesterday, bit clearly not. Did a family walk around the lanes (Lucas in the backpack, not on my back thankfully!), about 7km I'd guess.  I knew yesterday's lyrics, on a roll!

Today's I think I know too but not 100%

Was meant to be running with a club mate tonight, but when I asked where we were meeting, she said she'd arranged to go with someone else as she'd forgotten we'd arranged it which has peed me off a bit. So I'm hoping I can find someone else to run with, as running alone in the dark isn't great as I have to go later on a Monday due to childcare.  

So no idea what I'm doing today now.

Have a good day all.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo, sorry to hear your news. No wonder you couldn't sleep. Hugs
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap dont blame you for being peed off. Thanks. It did weigh on my mind had me thinking all sorts.
    That should say my daughters friends mum died!!!! I am tired.....
  • Options
    Glad you corrected that, Wabo! Tough times.

Hope you find someone to run with, Emz. Fortunately the cricket didn't last long so got a couple of hours more sleep, although it doesn't feel like it.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning

Mojo issues last week again (running / life) and need to read back as took a break.

Cricket somewhere not in the UK I guess Ale?  Have a good long run.

Sorry to hear about your sad news Wabo.  Enjoy those forest km.

Annoying to be let down like that emzap. 

Similar weather thoughts here LMH but with regards to yesterday and today - snow / sleet / rain yesterday and chained to my desk currently looking at the sunshine outside (which I need to banish as I can't see anything on my screen properly).

What: recovery / turbo trundle
    Why: Monday
    Last rest: 30.03.
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Morning again!

Good to see you, Hazel! Cricket was in Sri Lanka. Would quite like to be there at present!

What: 83 minutes, mainly off road

Why: this week's long run, and in fact the longest since mid October. Damp and overcast, breezy, cooler than expected, and despite the forecast of no rain there were a couple of showers. It is winter though!

Bumped into M75 coming the opposite way. He had his vaccine yesterday so I wonder how long before he thinks it is ok to run together. Could have done with some company today. Hard slog in places.

Stretches later.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I've found someone! Makes me feel better, was feeling a bit down that my only social interaction of the week had been cancelled.

Glad you're ok hazel.

Ale good long run there!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - nice running, and the right result in the cricket too!
    RFJ - glad to see you pop in
    Emz - pleased you found a "victim" !
    Hazel - hope mojo is restored

What - will be slow and easy if I muster any enthusiasm
    Why - recovery day, legs feel a bit sore, done 158 miles of the 268 needed for the January "challenge" so I can probably get away with a couple of lighter days if I need it.
    Made a rod for my own back by aiming to do most of it on trails with hills. Silly boy.
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - dont think so

• Options
    I'd have been peed off too emzap. Glad you've found some company.

Sorry you had a bad week Hazel. Typical with the weather!

Sad news Wabo.

Good to see you building up alehouse.

Take it easy Dustin.

I decided that I should make the most of the reasonable weather this morning in case I don't get out much tomorrow and had a nice long walk. Definitely less people out.
  • Options
    Hail squalls.
    Swim taking me to 46m short of January's Polar Bear Challenge 3k target.
    Hot shower then 5k jog.
    Stiff back improving.
    Last hard swim this morning - knew I was not far off target, but there's a few more days in month yet ...
    Lyrics no
    Tough times Wabo.

Intend running with Monday evening group (if anyone turns up)

• Options
    (((Wabo))) that's a lot of sas news :(

Is your boiler fixed, OH?

Good to see you Hazel but sorry to hear you're struggling. Hope things improve at your end.

Long walk sounds good, LMH.

Great progress, Dustin. Take it easy if you feel like it. You don't want to get injured.

Hope you can run with M75 soon, ale.

Em: That would have annoyed me too 😡

Stitches are out, doc is happy and so am I :)

• Options
    Good news chicksta.

Plenty of days left to reach your target OH. Hope you get some company for your run.
  • Options
    Still in a state of no boiler Chicksta - the open fire is our friend.
    At least one other coming this evening - so I'll have to go!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lovely pic chicksta you have way better feet than me! Glad for you that is great news
    OH and els om my goodness re the boiler, thank goodness for open fires. My mum used to have her work cut out with one of them when we were little!
    LMH glad you had a  nice walk
    dustin hope you had a step back easier day?
    emzap so glad you found someone to run with
    Alehouse nice long run!
    Hazel hope you are feeling better and had some kind of trundle today
    My mate I ran with this morning is struggling with mojo so it was nice for us both. 5k on the rides, warm up and down so 3.7 done in the end. It was good!