Tuesday 19th January 2021 I've been walkin' these streets so long

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Training
Morning!

Late start!

Lyrics: I've been walkin' these streets so long
Singin' the same old song

What: short and easy plus long stretch

Why: ran long yesterday. Pouring here and forecast is to rain until some time on Thursday. And with flood warnings may be hard to find off road routes. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Weather better than forecast here alehouse but I'm tired after a bad night and not sure I'll get out for anything other than Lola's walks. Just hope it's ok for walking tomorrow.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

Quiet!

Weather here was also better than forecast and it didn't rain during my run, although there was plenty before it and plenty to come I imagine. Had a message to say that they will be opening the flood gates later which means that the sports fields and allotments at the end of my road will be flooded. I hope that they can avoid that happening. 

What: Just over half an hour

Why: easier day although did push on in places. Very puddly. Stretches later. 

Heard these lyrics yesterday and can't get them out of my head, but keep singing runnin' instead of walkin'.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    lyrics yes
    Yesterdays were I don't know what to do with myself - Dusty Springfield,  cos I couldn't get to sleep!!
    Well done alehouse
    lmh,  Hope you feel more rested as the day goes on

WHat: 1.6 run, .6 walk and tai chi
    why: the walk was my good deed for the day, dropping essentials to somone who has covid and no money  :'(
    last hard: that wasn't too hard this morning
    last rest: 31/12
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon (ish)

Fingers crossed the flooding won't be too bad Ale. 

Ditto for the weather tomorrow LMH.

Hope you had a nice run in company yesterday emzap. 

You are getting on well with your challenge Dustin.

Plenty of time for those last few metres for the Polar Bear challenge OH.  Glad you also had company for your run.

Agree on the open fires Wabo - nice but hard work.  Bet your friend also appreciated the company if she is struggling with the mojo.

Good news on the foot chicksta.  Are you robot-shuffling again in the meantime?

What: solo miles later
    Why: couldn't get a running date sorted out with my Tuesday group pal today - didn't manage to juggle midday meal (me), shopping (me), running in daylight (both) and milking (his cows).  We tried at least.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo , sorry to hear about your daughters friend's Mum...
    Chick - good news

What - supposed to be 800s but eldest wants to come running so may well be minute on/minute off, plus some miles deferring speed work until tomorrow / Thursday.
    Legs can probably do with a lighter set anyway
    Why - as above
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Today probably...
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Nice to run with your offspring, Dustin. You can always do 800s another day :)

Hazel: Things do sound rather complicated with your cow-milking running companion! And yes, robot shuffling again.

Oh no, another bad night, LMH? That's a shame. Having said that I didn't sleep great either for whatever reason. I wasn't in pain and not itching either, just unable to sleep.

Wabo: That's very kind of you. There must be a lot of people these days where money is tight. Just thinking of artists for example. 

Ale: I think your forecast rain came our way. It's been bucketing her all day. Just as well I can't go out. Somehow it's easier to bear when the weather is shite :)

We had an open fireplace in the first house we moved into in the UK. The dust it generated didn't really agree with my astma though. So we didn't live there very long. 

Right, finished with work for the day. Now hopping onto my mat for my daily dose of s&c.
  • Chick, you're doing well with the S&C, for some reason I'm finding it hard to motivate doing daily yoga at the minute. Maybe because the warmth is in the next room!
    Wabo - sorry to hear about your bad news. Seems a lot of it around at the minute.
    Dustin - nice, my offspring who run would zoom ahead of me! Not that I can see any of them!
    Tough 8.5 miles with friend around Bay of Skaill yesterday, the wind was so strong, mind back wind up the penultimate hill was good! Today settled for a walk this morning and 5.5 miles just now. Legs tired and motivation not great though I am happy to be able to do it!
    Hazel - sometimes difficult to find a time to suit everyone (cow's included).

• Sorry another identity crisis!

• The real McKoy this time!
    350m swim this morning out to wreck to take me over the 3k PBC for January.
    5.7 mile jog interrupted by stopping to chat to 2 sisters sequentially (they used to live next door in their younger days) 14 and 12 minutes respectively.
    Seems that we not the only ones to be without heating over Christmas.
    Last hard: hearing that the flue liner is too short and that they've ordered another one urgently. I suspect that this means we won't see functional central heating this week.  :'(
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh what a pain about the heating!!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can