edited January 2021 in Training
Lyrics - Ho sa, ho sa ho!
Ho sa, ho sa ho!

Morning all
What round trip of 5 miles
Why errands
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12
Have a good day hopefully I don't get soaked! 
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no. Was just going to set some that I know!

Yesterday's were Rhinestone Cowboy, Glen Campbell

What: at least half an hour

Why: run to feel day. Probably get very wet. Hope that you don't, Wabo! Pouring all night and it still goes on.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Sounds like someone needs to turn the taps off over the UK.  Maybe leave a washing basket and towel just inside the door for when you get back?

Very kind of you to help that person out Wabo. 

Your identity issues do make me smile Els.

Well done on completing the PBC OH.  Sigh to the continuation of the heating issues.

Seems a good excuse to postpone the speedwork Dustin.  Good luck with that today / tomorrow.

Don't hop onto your mat with the wrong foot chicksta.

What: will likely join Dustin in doing some speedwork (LT intervals ?) - no excuses today as conditions look good weatherwise.  Will have disappear down the hill again though (flat / ice free)
    Why: neglecting the faster stuff for too long
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Similar conditions here today alehouse.

well done on PB completion OH.

Enjoy your runs.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hazel I liked the identity crisis too! Enjoy the speed
    Alehouse enjoy your run to feel - I suddenly remembered a mate is coming to price up carpet so I have had to hold off on my run!! will it make me lucky????
    LMH hope you are ok
  • Morning again!

Will definitely be changing routes today, and probably for more than a few days: four environment agency vans and two police cars at the end of my road, and the route to the river is, unsurprisingly, closed. Won't run until later in the hope that the pouring rain stops. Unlikely! Plenty of stretches to do in the meantime!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Walk with friend started off fine enough...last 3 miles in sleety rain...freezing cold now and still need to run later! 
    Still doesn't sound great anywhere and warm house is still some time off!
  • Better for a walk thanks Wabo.

Wet, windy but mild here. Lots of flooding.

I hope you can get warm Els.
  • Afternoon!

What: about half an hour in strong winds and heavy rain

Why: looking at which routes are passable. Not many! And it will get worse as they have only opened one flood gate so far, further down stream. There are plans to open others later today. 
    Quite safe where I am as there is a steep rise from the river before my road; others not too far away are less fortunate with contingency plans to move around 3000 people in the Mersey Valley. 

Thanks for the laundry basket near the door suggestion, Hazel: this is why i want a wet room downstairs! 
  • Ale..hope all stay unflooded!
    Just in from a wee run...pretty wet here too....not planning to leave home again today. Stuff to shift in garage later.
    Stay as dry and warm as you can!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Well done those that got out today
    Well it was raining last night, it was raining this morning and it's still raining now...

What - 8 trail miles. Swampier than a swampy thing, surface water aplenty, bogs a foot deep and some comedy "doing the splits" strides...
    Barely managed 9:30 pace - and although I was taking it easier it was hard enough keeping upright. 
    Life affirming run, made all the better by not seeing a soul for 80 minutes.
    Why - recovery 
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday. Ran to the "business park" with #1 daughter. She had the hurdler/multi-eventer session of 2 x 3 x 150s with long recoveries , I set the watch for 20 x 1minute effort / 45s recoveries.
    Managed the first 10 -12 OK and then it started to get a little tiring, recoveries got slower but the rep effort remained pretty constant. Last 2 or 3 and I really was running on fumes...
    So 35 minutes of workout , I covered just shy of 5 miles with interval & recovery, #1 managed about 900m - I'm obviously doing the wrong events  :D
    Slow jog home, and was about 10 all in for the day. Virtual Pennine Way progressing well.

• Will your daughter be accompanying you more often Dustin?

I tend to leave a towel and bath robe by the front door when I go running on days like that alehouse.

I think we all have a better chance of the latter than you Els!
  • Plastering and painting
    Plenty to do in house and weather horrible outside
    Last rest: technically today
    Stiff back almost back to normal despite another bout of humping furniture (in garage this time..
    Lyrics no

PBC not actually completed yet, just January's component. Another 2 months to go ...

Well done to all those getting out in the wet today.
  • Oh and plumbers are saying heating will be functional by weekend even if it means deploying a temporary flue liner.
    Flue liner is due to arrive tomorrow 
  • Good news if they're right OH.
  • Fingers crossed you get the house warm by the weekend, OH and Els.

Weather sounds horrid, ale and others. Good strategy with the bathrobe, LMH.

Killer session, Dustin. No wonder you were tired by the end.

How did your intervals go, Hazel?

Just more boring s&c done. Sigh. I'm getting itchy feet and that's not the scar ;)
  • Sounds good news, OH/Els re the possibility of heating!

Where I ran earlier is now under several feet of water. Apparently there is danger that a couple of bridges are in danger (OH: both the bridge on Manchester Road near the Galleon and Palatine Road in Northenden, both roads closed.). 3000 homes in danger rather than 3000 people. And it is still pouring.

Sounds tough both yesterday and today, Dustin.

I understand the frustration, Chick...but no rushing things!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I ran all the way to my son's old flat to collect any post only to find the fob that opens the main door had been de activated. So I ran all the way back home again! But it didn't rain!! Luckily. 4. 2 miles done, plus hooping and kettle bells tonight! 
    Alehouse glad you got out. Weather sounds horrific tonight. It must be awful for people who get flooded 😔
    Els and oh how the heat is on soon. Hope you got your run in els
    Night all