Sunday 24th January 2021 Hands, touchin' hands

Morning!

Lyrics: Hands, touchin' hands
Reachin' out

Yesterday's were Bring me Sunshine, made famous by Morecambe and Wise. They play today's at Aston Villa, but no idea why!

What: hopefully half an hour or so plus stretches

Why: depends when the ice clears.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

If it is Hazel neither Mark nor his mum are old enough for it to have happened to them yet :-)

Frosty and very cold but fortunately not slippery here alehouse as long as you avoid the frozen puddles.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning..

Hurry up ice here too..

That is bad news regarding the training OH, I remember your struggles getting it uploaded. Also interested in the "green jewel" on yesterday's pic, caught my eye as well.

Have a good Sunday all.

What: MLR, not sure yet if a comfy one or with a faster bit
    Why: Sunday habit
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning. Just dropping in again for a quick hello. Working nights again, but went out for an easy 4 miles or so this morning after finishing. Was snowing a fair bit, and lying in the ground, but it was very pleasant and peaceful. This week has ended up being easier than planned as I just haven't been able to get out much.

Hope everyone is well. 
    Lyrics yes
  • Morning, heavy looking skies, not sure if they hold snow or more likely rain!
    Woken up with a start by enormous bang outside at 4am, still don't know what it was. Initial thoughts new boiler had exploded!
    Emz, sounds like a fun challenge. My run mate for today has deserted me , too much work on.
    Making soup and granola. Your latest flapjack recipes sound good LMH, couldn't get excited by cherry and almond.
    Now where/when to run?
    Hope you all have a good day.
  • Hope you find out what caused the loud bang, els. Would fall me out of I didn't know what it was.

Hazel: I'm still chuckling at the thought of Tom humping the ball 😆 my sweet tooth is definitely less advanced with increasing age. Now that I can't burn any excess calories off I have to be careful anyway if I don't want to get fat. I usually have some fruit with my afternoon coffee. Different story for Mr. Chick though. And he's older than me :smiley:

Hi chamolk 🙋🏼‍♀️

Can't believe your training isn't valid in Scotland, OH. Why? This doesn't make sense to me at all.

Hope the ice clears for you, ale.

40 mins of core work done. And more assisted bread baking accomplished.
  • That's a pain OH.

I'm glad it wasn't the boiler Els.

Fresh snow is lovely to run in chamolk. Don't work too much eh? You need to look after you too.

What did you decide on Hazel?

You are being very disciplined with your core work again chicksta.

Snowing here now.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Good choice lyrics today alehouse
    Chick nice core work enjoy the baking too
    Els wonder what the bang was - hope you work out where to run
    Hazel enjoy the mlr
    Alehouse hope you got a half hour safe under foot
    LmH glad it's not icy for you! 
    What 5+ off road , snow started  and settled, gorgeous
    Why Sunday
    Last hard that was
     last rest 31/12

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

No I didn't, Wabo: just quarter of an hour. Probably 10:45 was too early to go out. Still quite a lot of patches of black ice. Will go out later tomorrow I imagine. Only ended up with 42k for this week due to the floods then the ice. Not that I am concerned! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Frankly no idea what it was but v loud, spent long time awake prowling around trying to work it out. P thinks was snow falling off roof but not much snow on it to start with, doubt could make that noise.
    Abortive attempt to go out of town to run, roads not too nice so home again for a run up Wideford. Run in name only, bit of a trudge last mile as snow pretty deep, but fun coming down. P still up there, hopefully down soon!
    Sweet things are my weakness though agree shop made flapjack etc is far too sugary and don't like the current vogue for cupcakes with more icing than cake!
    Bread prepping later, forgot to feed my starter yesterday!
  • We've had about three inches of snow in the last two hours - hoping MiL's jab isn't cancelled.

Did you order some new shoes Els? I think the Snickers flapjack would be too sweet for you but the PB and jam one is nice.

Call it a cutback week alehouse.

Sounds as though you enjoyed that Wabo.
  • 2" snow here.
    Up Wideford Hill after deciding that driving to west coast was silly (after 3 miles)
    Last hard: Waking up to a snowslide on roof at 4am, so loud that our initial thoughts were that new boiler had exploded!
    Lyrics highly inappropriate but no

• Green jewel yesterday was just artefact of low sun on lens.

PS I was second best run mate for Elspeth and soon left behind! LOL
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    7" of snow here and still falling albeit not quite as heavily as it was. Assisted baking in the form of a ginger sponge - it's that sort of day.

MiL's jab cancelled thirty minutes before it was supposed to happen :-(
  • Afternoon! 

Sorry to hear of the cancellation, LMH. Weather must be bad! 

Cold photos from Orkney!

No snow here and I don't want any!
  • That's much more snow than we have...just deep on the hill. Probably pavements gonna freeze though.
    Recipe for on flapjack? If that's ok!
  • Hopefully it will soon be rescheduled.
  • Rebooked for Saturday Els. PB and jam flapjack?

75g honey

75g butter

75g peanut butter

50g brown sugar

250g oats

Jam

Grease an 8” square tin. Preheat oven to 160C fan.

Melt butter, honey, peanut butter and brown sugar over a low heat. Add oats and mix thoroughly. Put half mixture in tin and press down firmly. Spread jam over the top, cover with remaining mixture and press down again.

Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until edges are going brown.

Cool in tin for 20 minutes then slice.

• ... salivating :)

Bugger about the jab but a week's postponement is not too bad.

Lots of snow, Els and OH.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh what a shame about the jab!  Recipe looks yum
    Great photos els/oh
    Ordered myself gore Tex Merrell walking boots today. Desperately needed! I nearly always put a pair of off road shoes on but they were soaked so when we walked in the snow my feet got wet in the boots I wore
    Alehouse I did see your run on fetch. 
    My weekly miles are growing a tiny bit each week. 19 this week. Happy to be back got to admit. 

Day 24 of a streak lol
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    LMH - galling to hear about the very late cancellation. Hopefully it goes ahead this weekend.
    My Dad had his on Saturday - in and out in 15 minutes!
    What - Snow Run!
    Why - woke up to a light dusting, then heavy snowfall for an hour or two. Held off running until 9:30 to get optimum snow time! 9 miles over the fields, not as far as a usual Sunday run but that wasn't really the point!
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Any trail runs at the moment are quite energy sappping!
    lyric - not sure