possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Spurs: yes

What: a run, somehow, somewhere

Why: pavement dependent

Plus stretches
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Treadmill sounds like a good option Wabo.

Hope you find somewhere Ale. 

Yesterday's lyrics: White as Snow by U2

How is the arm/shoulder after your fall LMH?

That must have been quite a bog to take off a Yaktrax Els.  I was thinking of putting some leftover cranberry sauce in my Oatie but didn't get further than getting the jar out of the fridge.  Nice snow scene yesterday.  Reminded me a bit of pics by the photographer Colin Prior.

Ideal run yesterday Dustin. 

What/why: not sure yet - likely solo and need to do some shopping today / tomorrow so might combine with a trip down the hill - don't like the look of the road though and I need to deice / desnow the car first.  Around 6 miles would be nice
    Last rest 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • Sounds sensible Wabo.

Take care alehouse - Mark tells me the pavements are much worse than yesterday here.

Hope you can get down the hill ok Hazel. I seem to have hurt myself a bit more than I thought though fortunately not my arm/shoulder. As the day went on yesterday my coccyx, right glute and bottom of my neck/across the top of my shoulders became increasingly stiff and sore so I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself, not helped by being stuck indoors.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

What: about 45 minutes off road (drove about a mile to get to somewhere suitable)

Why: about right for today. Very rutted icy tracks and fields. Very slow but hard work.  Went earlier than I originally intended as sleet and snow was forecast for 10 a.m. Never happened! Forecast is to become warmer gradually from this evening. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all again
    LMH so so sorry to hear that, it is so unlucky!!
    Alehous sounds sensible to me! Glad you got out
    Hazel hope you get your 6, good streak...

Anyway I have been so flat this morning, so I text my other running buddy sacha and said did she fancy a forest run this afternoon, car has de iced and right outside my door so that is the plan.
    It will pick me up more than the treadmill tbh
  • Sounds like a day to stay inside. I ran/hobbled 5.5 miles trying to stay on my feet...not really enjoyable ....had to concentrate too hard in the icy bits!
    An afternoon walk on the beach could be fine but too much hassle to get there safely!
  • Let's hope the forecast is correct alehouse. We have had heavy rain all afternoon which at least has the benefit of clearing the paths a bit.

I always find outside better for my head Wabo.

Glad you managed to stay upright Els.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Back from 3.4 miles in the forest, did the trick!
    Els yep I am glad you stayed upright too, not easy out there!
  • Afternoon!

Well done, Wabo! Much better than the treadmill!

Yes, I was exhausted concentrating, rather than running, Els!

Drizzly cold rain here, since late morning, LMH. 3 degrees, feels like one, apparently. Forecast is to be 7 degrees at 4 in the morning and then to stay at that temperature for the rest of the day!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - the trails always perk you up (see below)
    Ale / Els - hearing you with concentrating out there: I tend to adopt the fell runners approach - brakes off, brain off....
    What - roads a bit hazardous so skipped any "pure" training instead did woods, fields, trails miles.
    Ground alternated between snow melt swamps, frozen puddles, rock solid & jagged mud and snow covered grass. Accompanied by deer, sheep, cattle, ducks and about half a dozen kites on the open field now it's thawed. No people - the way I like it! Another life affirming run, about 8 1/2 miles.
    Why - because I can
    Last rest - 10/10
    last hard - last week
    lyric - think so
  • I guess offroad is the way to go at the moment. Everything full of black ice here too. I wouldn't have been able to get off our driveway I think (it has a 15% incline).

LMH: Are you allowed to leave the house when there's no ice or are you grounded for the foreseeable future. Totally understand how miserable you must feel being holed up indoors. Same here but mine is at least self-inflicted. 

Hopefully you got down the hill (and back up it) in one piece, Hazel.

Good strategy to drive someplace that's safe to run, ale. I take it the roads are gritted?

Well done staying upright, els

Bit busy with work so I had an early start but I'm done now and about to hit my yoga mat. It was a lovely day with frost and sun. But treacherous out there for most of the day so even hubby stayed in. 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh have you fallen again? Hope you're ok.

Did yoga Sunday (plus playing in the snow!), Core and glutes yesterday and more yoga today.  Hoping it's melted enough to run tomorrow.

Having another flat week. I need to get out of it.

Have a lovely day all
  • Dustin - yes should have headed to the trails, there was a wee bit of offroad in there but even some of that quite tricky! Sounds like your run was more fun.
    Chick/Emz - are you doing Adrienne's yoga? Quite liked today's one.
    Made another carrot cake this morning. Chickpea and paneer curry tonight. Remote and rural surgical session this evening, should be quite good.
    On line Burn's night last night, will we ever see an in person Burn's supper again? Should have got some Lyrics in yesterday!
    Being measured up for new kitchen lino, carpet in front room which we were hanging on on replacing until plumbing work done. 
    Hopefully you'll be out again as soon as it thaws LMH. Chick, are you confined to baracks full time or just until it thaws?  Really wouldn't like that!
  • emzap - sorry to hear that you're having a bad week. Hope tomorrow is better. Yes, I fell on Monday morning's dog walk in the fresh snow.

Mine's just as self inflicted chicksta - just not planned :smile: Housebound until it's safer underfoot which will hopefully be tomorrow.

Not many miles to go Dustin.

Curry sounds nice Els. I'm sure we'll have gatherings again - just not sure when. You're keeping your cpd up then?
  • Fingers crossed,  LMH :)

Happy vibes to you, Em 🌈🙏🏻🌞

Els: unfortunately I can't do any yoga with my current foot impairment :) the only asanas I could possibly do are prone or seated but anything standing or balancing is off. Shame, coz I like Adriene's January challenges. Doctor's orders are to keep walking to a minimum to allow the bones to fuse properly so yeah, pretty much grounded...