Options

Thursday 28th January 2021 You fill up my senses

Morning!

Lyrics: You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest

Several football teams have different words to this song, notably Sheffield United: I can imagine quite a few fans will have been singing this last night. 

What: easy run

Why: easy run day. Plus long stretch. 

The hard part may well be finding a dry spell or somewhere to run: has poured all night and there are flood warnings again. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    What: lead mining first. See what day brings after that. Still icy.
    (OK, removing old lead piping from loft but with headlamp donned!  :D )
    Lyrics no idea (my knowledge of football stadiums is worse than my knowledge of song lyrics!)
    Still waiting for logon to start Scottish Covid vaccination training!!!
    Heating work finally completed.
  • Options
    Morning

was just thinking about hunting for some more lyrics but fortunately Ale got there first..

Similar thoughts looking out of the window here Ale. No flood warnings but might be just a question of time for some places considering that it will rain (a lot) up to around 1800m altitude and there is a lot of snow waiting to be washed down the off the mountains.  No worries here locally though - some advantages to be had in living at the top of a hill and I'm nowhere near any rivers expecting the run-off from the mountains.

Five post boxes could be quite a challenge here - only one in my small village - would need to do a Tour de Villages.. 

Hope the bum isn't too sore today Els

Well done for keeping active WP.

Relieved the heating drama is finally over OH. 

What: another go at the hill repeats?
    Why: chickened out of that yesterday - bit more snow and no chance of it yesterday but rain and warmer today so hopefully that will be gone by later
    Last hard: Yaktraxxing yesterday evening (replacement recovery trot due to CNBA as well).  On a section of more or less unbroken light snow I kept getting big balls of snow under my heels - most wierd sensation trying to jog downhill on my toes. Thought about taking them off but needed them for traction on other sections.
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Morning again!

Lyrics have absolutely nothing to do with football! And actually thought that you might know them, OH! There is also an instrumental version that was high in the charts. 

Still raining. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lyrics yes
    Sitting in waiting room can't cope with glasses and mask
    Yesterday lyrics ooh wakka do  wakka day
    Gilbert o Sullivan
    Breast clinic check up as I had mastitis in November, not odd for my age
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning.

Hope you're soon out of there Wabo.

Wet here too alehouse, more flooding and very slippery on grass/mud :-( I know the lyrics but nothing about any association with football.

What a pain OH. I've started receiving frustrating emergency appeals for vaccinators from local centres. If only I could oblige.

That does sound disconcerting Hazel.

I had a really rough night and am vey achy this morning which I'm putting down to my new exercises - at least I can discuss this with the physio tomorrow. Walked Lola with Mark (in full waterproofs) and was planning on heading out for a walk after breakfast as the rain was supposed to have stopped but it hasn't and I'm struggling to get myself out of the door.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Afternoon, just!

Hope all is ok, Wabo!

What: just over half an hour easy

Why: easy day. Managed to find a window when it was only lightly drizzling.. Pouring again now. 
  • Options
    Wabo good luck with the breast clinic.
    Lyrics, yes for a change!
    Run along the cliff path at Scapa, actually pretty good underfoot. Sleeting as I was out though.
    Don't think I'd easily find 5 postboxes in Kirkwall! 
  • Options

My nearest 5 would involve going up and down a long steep hill..  Only want to do little ones today.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link, Hazel
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - sounds odd with the snow balls, hope you managed your hills
    Wabo - hope all went well at the clinic, postbox thing sounds interesting. 
    WP - well done for getting out
    Ale, Els - well done in less than ideal conditions!
    Looks like I didn't post yesterday either...

What - not been out yet, but aiming to do some short hills before it gets dark 
    Why - get on the fields
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - probably yesterday: 8.5 miles, middle 6 at ~ MP. Poor timing: last half mile was up hill, so what I gained on mile 5 I gave back on mile 6 - guess that's what pacing is all about...
    lyric - I believe so

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    so all was good phew! So well organised too, it is a one stop clinic so anything I may  have needed would have been done today, right up to biopsy. 
    So I ran/walked 1.34 miles, waked .84, ran .6 then ran1.11
    Got in had grub and not done much since!!
    Dustin hope you get that done in the light, it is nice it is staying light for longer
    Els funny when I did my 5 post boxes I though about you!
    alehouse glad you missed the rain, me too luckily
    lmh did you get out?
    hazel that does sound uncomfortable with the snowballs! 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Sounds like good news, Wabo!
  • Options
    Swim√ (hail)
    Run/walk/skate to 5k √

Lead "mining" completed
    Gaps in log insulation filled with glass wool insulation (horrible stuff)
  • Options
    Still waiting on accessible account to do Scottish Covid vaccination e-learning.
  • Options
    Glad it was good news Wabo. I did get myself out - and the rain mostly stopped for my walk.

Hope you made it out in daylight Dustin.

Sleet doesn't sound like fun Els, well done for going out in that.

What is taking who so long OH?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    LMH
    Eventually found the right person to speak to at 3pm today (LearnPro website had out of date email for Orkney contact):
    My account is currently disabled - would sort it out and contact me by email (still waiting ...

Seems there is a lot more non clinical stuff to churn through :'(
  • Options
    Good news, wabo. Kings and Queens wouldn't have been a problem here 😉

Hazel: was it really wet snow? I do remember a run when that happened to me. Snow was super wet and heavy and my feet weighed a ton. I stopped every 500m to try and shake it off.

Seems like there's still a lot of work to do, OH.

Els/Em: I recommend today's yoga with Adrienne. A very gentle practice called Heal. Just what I needed today.

Sorry to hear you had a bad night, LMH. And frustrating about the vaccination process. At least you have the vaccine. We've run out before things even started 🤦🏼‍♀️

Good pacing practice, Dustin.