Saturday 30th January 2021 When the world leaves you feeling blue

Morning!

Lyrics: When the world leaves you feeling blue
You can count on me, I will be there for you

What: a run of some description

Why: yet to decide when and what. Strong cold wind not very inviting. Nor is the rain that is forecast later.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics are familiar
    Yesterday's were Georgie fame, yeah yeah
    Chick, that makes sense about the king's and queens. We've had challenges here to find different ones. One of my mates noted that my 5 circumnavigate the hill where I live, called it a fell race 🤣 not quite
    What mm well maybe just a couple on the treadmill
    Why honestly the rain is in all day and i don't fancy that! 
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Cold, wet and windy here so just a long walk with Mark and Lola this morning. Small victories,, I plucked up the courage to have a shower.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon!

Quiet!

What: about 45 minutes

Why: all I felt like. Very blustery: definitely one where I felt the wind was against me on the way out but was in fact with me. Cold. But no precipitation.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Wow it is quiet in here today!
    What - 10x400 hill repeats
    Why - insanity
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that was
    Raining most of the night and was still going when I got up.
    No point in delaying the inevitable, so 2 mile jog out, 10 reps each about 400m (& 80ft of climbing), jog back down.
    Another 2 miles back, just over 9 for the day.
    Apparently that took me over the mileage for the virtual Pennine Way with a day to spare. Tomorrow's trails will be bonus fun! 
  • Ale: I don't like runs where the wind goes in circles ;)

That's good news, LMH. I let my foot get wet for the first time post op today :)

Treadmill sounds like a good option, wabo.

Lovely day here. Hate to be stuck indoors :(

• That looks nice Chicksta, even if I've seen enough ice and snow for a while here. Soggy greens and browns for a change. Good news on the foot.

Ditto regarding the shower LMH.

Don't like it either when the wind does that Ale. Well done for getting the 45 done.

Congratulations on finishing your challenge Dustin and a great way to do so. Enjoy the bonus miles tomorrow.

Good idea regarding the TM Wabo. Almost a month already on your new streak. :)

Finally gave back the keys to my old flat today with surprisingly little hassle. Housework, a run and ginger oat cookies kept me busy enough.

What: exploratory 10k
    Why: wanted to look at something else
    Last hard: getting up a swampy hill.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Continuing refurbishing interior of (old) kitchen cupboards in process, filling in a letter box size hole in (lathe and) plaster behind one of drawers left by a previous set of plumbers - won't have been helping out heating bill.
    5k plod around Scapa.
    Sanded floor of summerhouse and put down a layer of preservative.
    Lyrics no, although my children might once have admitted to knowing.

Nice snow Chicksta - ours is all icy stuff now
  • Well done Dustin.

Not too much longer chicksta.

Glad the handover was stress free Hazel. Ginger oat cookies sound nice.

You are being very industrious OH.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.