Options

Tuesday 2nd February- I've been holdin' out so long,

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Training
Lyrics- I've been holdin' out so long
I've been sleepin' all alone

Think maybe I did know yesterday's, wait and see
Alehouse hope all is good with you
Great photos els, yes I do feel like I'm back, not in pace but I don't care about that

What couple of miles with a 10 mins burst
Why another club challenge
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12
Have a good day all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Was just going to post lyrics but pleased to say that I know yours, Wabo! And enjoy your challenge.

Yesterday's were "If I were a Rich Man", Topol (from Fiddler on the Roof). Obviously my pension hardly makes me rich. 

Chick: The Christie is a cancer hospital, which brings me to my news.

Subject to all the testing that I had yesterday being satisfactory I shall be staying there on Thursday. As some will know I had treatment for prostate cancer in 2013; unfortunately that has returned so I will be having further brachytherapy (radiation seeds are implanted in the prostate). Can't say that I am looking forward to it!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning

Eek Ale - was worried when I looked up The Christie - seemed a bit ominous.  All the best for your treatment.

Dustin might have been practicing the art of kneippen in his stream?  It involves stomping around in cold water amongst other things.  https://www.kneipp.com/us_en/kneipp-magazine/water-cures

What trail shoes did you get Els?  Lovely weather yesterday.

What: 12-13k - likely solo
    Why: Tuesday group seems to have stopped altogether now. 
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - Sorry to hear about the diagnosis and keeping everything crossed for Thursday.
    Els - great photos
    Chick - yes it was a bit cold, although it's been about 1or 2c here of late so only thin ice to break on the top of most puddles!
    Goes off to google "kneippen"....

What - hopefully a speed set
    Why - It's Tuesday
    Last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - possibly

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon Edit:
    10x400 with 200 recoveries, just as the rain started.
    Tough going, battle of wills that one!