Wednesday 24th February 2021 We get it on most every night And when that old moon gets so big and br

Morning!

Lyrics: We get it on most every night
And when that old moon gets so big and bright

Yesterday's were Dance the Night Away, The Mavericks

What: hopefully another walk

Why: recovering

Weather is not good here. Yesterday it was dark all day; today it is set to rain. Would like to see the sun, or even the moon!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Great theme you've got going on with lyrics alehouse, should have known yesterday's and do  know today's
    Have a nice walk
    What 40 mins at a pace maybe
    Why challenge with club
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day all, not sure when I'll get out as a new mattress is coming between 9 and 11
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lol just realised the theme has carried on since my last lyrics 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Yes, you started it, Wabo

Yesterday's video: (4) The Mavericks - Dance the night away - YouTube

Enjoy the 40 minutes. In fact, wonder how 40minutes is! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Guess I should stop grumbling about the sun coming through my office window and bouncing off my screen then Ale.  (closed the blinds in the meantime).  Annoying about the laptop yesterday - hope it is ready for tomorrow. 

New mattress sounds good Wabo.  Good luck with the challenge.

Sorry about the continuation of the restrictions OH/Els.

Sensible to stop the speedwork Dustin.  I would also be happy with 3:10 to 3:15 reps. 

If this foot is a lot different to the other chicksta I would definitely call him.

Announcement on restrictions being reduced this afternoon. Doubt it will mean much to me though.

What: not sure yet
    Why: yesterday's group run was a duo and we worked harder than I would liked to have done so I'm not sure that speedwork today will be beneficial (might postpone to tomorrow)
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: vaguely familiar
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - glad your feeling a little better
    OH/ELS - that's really upsetting news about seeing the new grandchild. Plenty to make up for later this year hopefully
    What - easy if anything + S&C
    Why - carefully does it, I'm still supposed to squeeze in a 2k TT and a 5k hilly 5k TT as part of the club's challenges this week...
    last rest - 10/10 (or today)
    last hard - rep #5 yesterday :D 
    lyric - loving the continued theme, so yes!
  • Sorry to hear you have such rubbish weather, ale. Sending you some sun. Still lovely and warm here. I'm sure I can spare some rays, especially as I can't do much outside anyway.

Wabo: a bit similar to what I do in the office. It was really nice to see one workmate that I haven't seen in 2 or 3 months. We did a distanced coffee break and that was really lovely. 

Dustin: Whoa, that's a lot of speedwork. Don't do it if you think it might aggravate your niggles though. 

Sounds sensible to postpone the speedwork if you worked hard yesterday, Hazel.

So yeah, I phoned the surgery and my lovely doc called back within 30 minutes. He's such a treasure. Unfortunately he put me back in THE SHOE :s  guess it makes sense though. He said I shouldn't worry because the xrays are fine. It just happens that he did a lot more work to this joint and it may simply need more rest and additional time to heal. He seemed pretty relaxed about it. Guess I should have phoned him sooner ;) 
  • Evening!

That sounds pretty good news, on the whole, Chick! No rush! And glad you enjoyed work!

It has either rained today or been windy. Or both. Actually sun is forecast to make an appearance tomorrow. It is winter still, we must remember!

Hope all is well with Els/OH.

I think I would do the 2k as a warm up for the 5k, Dustin! Or vice versa. 

I actually managed to do a very short Pilates type session this pm. And didn't go dizzy, although there has been the odd time during the day when I have, probably just before tablets are due. Shows that I need them, that I'm not quite better, and that there is no rush here either!

• On the boat home (Scrabster-Stromness). Should get in at 20:30.
    1.5 mile jog on Thurso beach to allay some of the effects of 7.5h at the wheel today.
    Probably too nice a day to spend travelling today. More gales forecast tomorrow.
    lyrics no

good to hear that symptoms are starting to improve, AH

As AH said probably good news on balance, Chicksta.

Always an enigma why the English language uses the word “patient”

Will need to keep a lowish profile socially for the next 10 days but still allowed to “run” ( haven’t been truly able to run for months)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Sorry, life keeps getting in the way but I've been running, I promise. 8km Sunday then speedwork with a friend last night.

Chick a pain but sounds sensible. Hopefully the extra rest will help
    Sounds like you're on the mend ale, though slowly
    Oh/els has the new grandchild arrived?
    Hazel yes don't complain about the sun! Though not too bad here it has been very windy!
    Dustin careful!

Hope everyone's doing well.
  • > @Wabo said:
    > MorningGreat theme you've got going on with lyrics alehouse, should have known yesterday's and do  know today'sHave a nice walkWhat 40 mins at a pace maybeWhy challenge with clubLast hard yesterday amLast rest 31/12
    > Have a good day all, not sure when I'll get out as a new <a href="https://www.bestfutonmattresstoday.com/">quality futon mattress</a> is coming between 9 and 11

It sounds really great. Hope so it will be good luck with the challenge.