Friday 25th February 2021 ...romancing,

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: ...romancing,
Ooh I'm giving it all tonight

Title is in the first line.

Yesterday's were, Dancing in the Moonlight, a hit for Toploader.

What: some walking

Why: getting the tram to collect laptop/training on its use. Biggest adventure in over three weeks!

Supposed to get some sunshine later. I'll believe it when I see it.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Now I'm really confused...think it's Thursday! Car clock kept jumping back and forward by an hour all day yesterday making travel times confusing when we had a ferry to catch. Are we living in an alternative time zone.
    Glad things getting better Ale.
  • Oops! Happy Thursday everyone!

Hope all is going to plan, Els!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Fine Ale. Just a follow up scan though guess there may be decisions made once the results are in that will likely be many weeks off! Lot of travel for shortish scan! Apparently now results go to consultant in Aberdeen who has never seen me.....though he did a telephone consult nearly 2 years ago and he has to feed them back to Edinburgh. Goodness knows when I hear anything! Feel sorry for Peter as having been off island we now have to avoid folk for ten days.....though can still run/walk just not in company.
    How is everyone else....sorry to hear back in shoe Chick! How long til you can try again?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics yep!!!!!
    Lol re Friday, cruel alehouse that would mean I had my tooth out....
    Alehouse go well today
    els that is a toughie for you both!

What: 3.2 d&d
    why: off to get that troublesome tooth out and I am scared...
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning again!

Hope the dental work is better than you fear, Wabo. I really must sort out an appointment.

Trust the results are quick, Els!
  • Yikes wabo....hope it's painless!
  • Morning

Wish it was Friday already!  Enjoy your adventure Ale and good news you were up to some Pilates yesterday.

Glad you are back home ok Els and OH.  Shame about the lack of company for a few days.

Uggh.  Fingers crossed it is done quickly Wabo. 

Bad luck on being back in the shoe Chicksta - any idea of how long?  I guess no.

Good to see you drop in yesterday emzap. 

What: hopefully speedwork
    Why: bottled out of it yesterday - generally grumpy (mentally) and tired legs so likely would have been a disencouraging big fail
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • A wee 5k in the wind. Another 45mph day, saving a longer run for tomorrow I think.  Pretty tired after long day sitting doing nothing!
    Soda bread baked and a cup of coffee brewing! Bit wild out.
  • Windy 5k also for me.
    Gentle day today after spending  Tuesday evening and most of Wednesday in car.
    10 days relative isolation now but plenty to do about house.
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    It was a quick push pull crack and out!!! So relieved.  Think I said the tooth had been erupting from the socket which is why it kept getting infections. I am so relieved!!! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chick so sorry to hear the shoe is back on
    hazel sounds like it was a good bottling out! Hope ok today
    nice 5ks els and oh
  • Sounds positive overall, ale. Still warm and sunny here but forecast to be much cooler as of tomorrow.

Oh dear, Els. A couple of weeks off doesn't sound good. Also shame Peter will have to go into quarantine again. We're facing the same when we return from our Canary Islands break mid March (if we go that is - it's still very uncertain. The island we picked is free of Covid right now but our government considers them being the same as mainland Spain.)

Probably best idea to bottle it, Hazel

Glad the tooth is out, wabo!

No idea about the shoe, tbh. My consultant said I would know when I'm ready. I just hope I don't have to take it with me on hols. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - pleased the extraction went to plan
    OH/Els - tidy 5k-ing, good luck with the isolation
    Chick - sorry to hear about the returning shoe, won't be long though, I'm sure
    Ale - an adventure, how exciting!

What - hectic day at work, went out at 4:30 and did the 5k hill TT
    Why - Kick myself
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that was. 5k w/up and ummed and ahhed about doing the chosen route.
    Glad I did, route has to be 50m of elevation over 5k, I know it's not a lot but it makes for an interesting route!
    Pretty consistent really, running around 7.20s for about 23mins overall. Noweher near whereI should be but good to give the legs a blast.

In better news, it's a technical Friday for me: days carried forward to use up, so off tomorrow.
    Gardening and some trail running methinks

lyric - yes

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin nice one re training and early Friday!!!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    If it were Friday I'd be 1/3 through my weekend, glad it's not!

What: 5km this morning
    Why: fit it in after dropping off Lucas
    Last hard: intervals Tuesday
    Lyrics: I think so

Well I thought I was running smoothly but got the 5km in at 30 mins which is fast for me these days!

Chick a holiday!?!
    Els and oh glad you're back safely but a pain about the isolation.
    Wabo glad the troublesome tooth is gone
    Dustin you're running well at the mo.
    Have a lovely evening all