Friday 26th February 2021 Friday night and the lights are low

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Training
Morning! And it really is Friday! I think.

Lyrics: Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the place to go

Yesterday's were The Nolans with I'm in the mood for dancing

Things sound more upbeat, Emz!

Glad you got a result with the tooth, Wabo. More than my team did! We'll concentrate on the league.

Enjoy your day of freedom, Dustin! I'm actually going to do my first morning's work from home on the new job. Will be dreaming of election forms soon. It is fiddly and monotonous but makes a change.

What: a walk this pm

Why: too soon to run

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    These lyrics are familiar, I'd just lined some up! 
    Think I'd rather my team in your team's position alehouse although I do think spurs need to win something!
    Enjoy the walk

What tiny run late afternoon
    Why apparently I need to be careful re tooth
    Last hard yesterday
    Last easy 31/12
    I was exhausted all yesterday evening, that's what fear does!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Yup - take care Wabo.  Hopefully you will have no more trouble now.

Elections Ale?   Sorry not in the know these days.  Have a nice walk later.

Oooooh a holiday away Chicksta.  Hope that happens.  Not planning anything at the moment - national is ok but I don't fancy a hotel (too expensive anyway) and a flat wouldn't really be a break as long as restaurants are closed as it would still mean daily cooking etc.

Nice 5k TT Dustin.  Did you have a nice bit to zoom back down again not only up?  Have a good day off today. 

Well done on the 30mins 5k emzap.

What: some sort of MLR 10-12 miles - likely lumpy as I will stay local
    Why: exploring?
    Last hard: intervals yesterday - had 800s in mind but the first effort felt so hard I promptly switched to 2 x 400 / 4 x 600 and 2 x 400.  Normally struggle to run faster than 10k pace so I was pleased to see when looking at the overall track for the run that I managed what looks like 5k pace and quite a bit faster on the short reps. (Not really surprising then that the 1st felt so hard!).  Don't take official splits though. 
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning again!

Local elections in May, Hazel

Wabo: you may kick yourself when the lyrics are revealed! 

Right, get a cup of tea and start work. Supposed to be 8:30 to 12:30 so wil have a break at 10:30 for Popmaster!

Heavy frost here but looks like a beautiful day, temperature apart.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse I am sitting here now trying to sing something lol!!!

I feel so fed up, this lockdown wfh lark. It is ruining me, the only thing I manage to do is my run.  I cannot be a*sed to do anything else.  Not good.
    Does anyone else feel like that or just me?  Makes me feel so lazy!!
    Alehouse I did rubbish on popmaster today
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    got it alehouse!! I had to turn Ken off I did apologise, see I talk to random things as well. Anyway I was sweet sixteen or thereabouts when todays was a hit and used to feel like the title at discos!!! In my flares ha ha  
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    correction, I was 18
  • haha, deffo yes to lyrics today!

And I'm totally with you, wabo. My usually pretty thick skin is worn out. People around me are the same. One false word and they get all aggro. Not nice at all. If I could at least do a hard, sweaty workout! That would make me feel so much better but right now no chance. Many thanks, stupid diva foot  :s

Hope you enjoyed the new job, ale

Nice bit of speedwork, Hazel

I really need that holiday. We're going to the smallest of the Canary Islands which is almost Covid free. They have a traffic light system in place in Spain and La Palma is green which means bars and restaurants are open. You still have to wear a mask in public but other than that most normal things can be done - a bit like summer over here. We booked a small villa in a secluded spot and of course need to get tested before we fly there and once more before we return. Upon return it's quarantine time. 5 days into the quarantine it's possible to take another test and if that's negative all good. If you don't want to do the test the quarantine period is 10 days. 
    Yeah, a lot of hassle but I think it's worth it - just for that bit of freedom and normality. There's no sign of things easing up here in terms of restrictions.

Heard that parkruns are back in the UK in June. That sounds like light at the end of the tunnel. I'm pretty sure they won't happen here for quite some time. 

Speaking of parkruns: We did a Skype pub quiz with our parkrun crew yesterday which was fun. It's of course not the same like doing it in the Irish Rover but it was a good bit of banter and made us forget how shit everything is for a couple of hours :)
  • Afternoon!

Yes, parkrun is back in the UK from 5th June. Junior parkrun from 11th April. I guess no-one will notice if I knock 60 years off my age if I do the junior one. To be honest I am surprised that they have fixed dates given that the government dates are subject to movement. 

Chick: the new job is not very exciting. Couldn't do it as a full time job and feel sorry for those that have to. Staring at a screen, ticking boxes, writing in dates of birth, checking signatures and worst of all, waiting for the screen to refresh from one application for a postal vote to the next. Anyway, it won't be for too long. 

Managed my walk. Not sure how far or long; perhaps quarter of an hour. Took my stick in case. And you know I said it was sunny: didn't last long and it is now cold and grey. Should have worn gloves. That's today's excitement over. Actually a new neighbour borrowed my wheel barrow. Discovered that he runs. So a very exciting day by current standards! 
  • Sorry, England parkruns, not in the devolved nations. 
  • Ale - sorry to hear the work is dull, lets hope for return to school soon!
    Chick - your holiday sounds lovely, would settle for some self catering in Scotland but from what heard this morning we will likely not be able to travel outwith local area even well into August. Must say that travel to Wed's hospital appointment was no fun at all, couldn't even stop for a coffee/have breakfast at hotel we stayed in overnight! Surprisingly the coffee shop in the hospital was open though. 
    Beautiful day here however, 14 mile run and 3 m walk to complete 27k for today but still got 25 and 26 k left for Feb and not confident can do both. Still I have covered a lot more ground than would have done without the challenge and had it not been for the awful weather two weekends ago might have made it.
    Missing the interaction with other folk already! 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - good news with the holiday, we're tentatively still down to go to Lanza in July - I hope so, but if we need to isolate we'll probably defer until later in the year. I'd just like a break really...
    Hazel - great set of intervals, hope the MLR was good
    Ale - hope you enjoyed your first day!
    Els - epic mileage

What - 6 miles or so easy, incl route recce for village club run
    why - planning a few trail TTs for the locals
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - of course
  • 6.3 miles up and down Wideford Hill to complete 100 miles for February.
    More work around house - fitting false wall with insulation where kitchen radiator used to be.
    20 sheets of insulation panels arrived today (for summerhouse and roof space walls)
    Lyrics no

All this talk of holidays is making me frustrated - no end in sight - would settle for trip to Peebles once baby is born.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Had not seen that about parkrun, I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be going in June... Let's see though.

Yes our holiday has been cancelled for the 2nd time (booked more than a year apart...). Our friends have still not met Lucas despite our best efforts...

What: nothing today
    Why: mummy and Lucas day. We spent 2 hours at the park though
    Lyrics: yup

Have a lovely day all