Saturday 27th February 2021 I pictured a rainbow, you held it in your hands

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I pictured a rainbow, you held it in your hands
I had flashes but you saw the plan

Yesterday's were Dancing Queen, Abba. Probably the last of the dance related songs: thanks for the idea, Wabo!

What: perhaps another walk, maybe a potter in the garden

Why: trying to get rid of this vertigo. Still a big gap between seated and standing blood pressure. 

Did anyone see the "snow" moon? A very cold looking full moon.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Probably a "rest" day (from running.
    Got to 100 for February.
    Cutting up insulation boards
    Lyrics no

Postural drop is not part of vertigo, AH.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Was going to say the same oh...

What: 10km round the lanes
    Why: it's gorgeous out there
    Lyrics: not today

Take it easy ale, sounds like you need rest.

The canal looked gorgeous this morning and I managed a negative split run, 1dt 5km in 32 min, second in 30 min. And hilly too :)

• Morning again!

Well done this morning, Emz, and thanks for your thoughts to both you and OH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Looks lovely Emz.
    Sorry you're continuing to struggle Ale. 
    Lyrics ..no.
    Sunny again....doing some baking then may do a run walk day! Tired legs!
  • Day has remained sunny though more breeze. 22k done...need another 3 or 4 this afternoon. Good to be out ...shame not to be able to do it with my friend because of having been away. Surprisingly didn't see another runner on a lovely day though I kept to the trails mainly.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz - looks nice!
    Ale - Happy pottering, did a bit of that too!
    What - clubs 2k relay TT
    Why - I signed up
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that
    We normally have a 4x2k relay on NYE but that was obviously cancelled last time.
    Teams of 4 from across the club, chosen at random although usually a young (U13) junior , an older junior, a senior and an old codger, each runs a 2k leg. 
    Usually its a loop of the park run park, this time it's any virtual flattish loop.
    Warm up lap was OK, gauged my splits (800, 1200, 1600, end)
    Thought "just give it a go" - it's been too long without racing.
    Anyway, ended up with 8.14 for 1.26 miles so round it down a bit for 2k. 
    More than happy with that, a better run that Thursdays 5k. 
    Maybe life in the old dog yet...

• Evening!

Well done, Dustin! You should be pleased!

No pottering I'm afraid. Have felt worse today, unfortunately. Not sure whether it is one step forwards and two back or two forwards and one back! 

Did manage to walk about a km. Definitely enough.
  • Oh dear Ale...not so good.
    Dustin...sounds fast and painful...well done!
    Quiet day here!
    Sunshine lasted all day so rounded up to 26k and a bit with warm walk on the beach with Peter.Also enjoyed our summer house which is beginning to be quite warm in the afternoon sun.
  • Sorry to hear that, Ale. Will you phone your doctor again?

Lovely pics, Em. Such a shame that your friends still haven't seen Lucas :( Covid takes a toll on all of us.

Speedy, Dustin. I hope your holiday can go ahead as planned. Yeah, isolation sucks a bit but two weeks of normality should be worth it.

Summer house sounds lovely, Els and well done on the 26k.

Ran around the house today trying to figure out what to pack 😎 Climbed lots of stairs n e process.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Bit late
    Just to say I know the lyrics and very fitting alehouse!!! Sorry to hear you're not good today

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin nice speedy running
    Talking of moons, tonight's was amazing
    Only ran just over a Mile today
    The gap where my tooth was is amazing. Really healing good
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can