Options

Monday 1st March 2021 And if I ever lose my hands, lose my plough,

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in Training
Morning!

Happy March! I, for one, am hoping that it is better than February!

Lyrics: And if I ever lose my hands, lose my plough, lose my land

Yesterday's lyrics, and day two of a theme, were Fly Me to the Moon, notably by Frank Sinatra although apparently there were over a hundred cover versions even before his was released.

What: hoping to walk to the GP. 600 metres each way.

Why: need to get past the receptionists first

Sounds like a fun run yesterday, Wabo!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yep 
    Hope all goes well today alehouse, nice to have a doc so close. Mine is too. Take care

What 3 easy later 
    Why blood tests at 8.45, just health check 
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Month 3 of the streak 2 commences
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Lyrics yes!
    Ale, hope you are able to see your GP. Ours sent us a letter some months ago saying no in person consultations and they dont really want telephone ones either. Not that I need anything currently but things can change.
    Wabo - doing well with the streak.
    Short and easy run at some point but giving the legs a break for next couple of days, they feel in need of it.
    No sunshine today so far.
  • Options
    Morning

Didn't get around to posting at the weekend and need to read back.

Hope you get to the GP and past the receptionists Ale. 

Great streaking again Wabo.

Bit of a strange attitude that Els, so how are you supposed to contact / see them if you need to then?  Have a nice short and easy - hope you get some sun.

Feb: 227 miles including a couple of decent LRs around 16 miles and one good 5k. 

What: 5 miles with some strides
    Why: Monday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Feb...255 miles covered but maybe 20 of those were walking...not going to be making s habit of doing that many miles though!
    Hazel ...does seem off-putting. 
    Ought to do a 5k but too scared how bad it would be. The half mara distance I did recently was a good ten minutes slower than my last halfarathon race....which again was about ten min slower than I would have run 5 or 6 years ago. Hopefully will be some real races locally second half of the year since no travel allowed still.
  • Options
    Afternoon,

I have been struggling with Asthma it has never been so bad but my PF is slowly climbing again so hope I have turned a corner at last.

I got a letter from our local health board and thought wow is this my Vaccine letter nope smear letter instead.
    Els Our surgery have telephone consultations then if need a surgery appointment will be made.OH had his vaccine at surgery last week as well.

What: 3.5 miles
    Why: because I could
    Last hard Breathing
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just back from 3 mile run.  Felt hard today.
    Nice to see you poppy, hope you pick up soon
    hazel and els - lots of miles!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus

Round the wreck and up the hill.
    Start of new month
    Now to making Welsh cakes ...
    Lyrics no

This time last year, I was singing in a sctratch Male Voice choir!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - odd behaviour from the Doc, cracking mileage though
    Hazel - you too, 227 is a good tally.
    Wabo - good work!
    Ale - hope you made it past reception!
    WP - nice one, especially after the asthma

What - 5.5 easy 
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Saturday
    205 run miles for Feb plus some walking, 40-50 at a guess based on 10-15 a week but I seldom record walk miles (unless route planning)

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh, Happy St. David's Day :)  I've become awfully ignorant since we moved back Germany. 

Nice to see you, Poppy. Asthma is awful, so commiserations. 

Very impressive miles by Hazel and Els. 10 mins slower than normal in a half is absolutely fine I'd say. If I had to run a half now, I would probably need 2.5 hours ;)  I'm unfit as hell.

Els: What exactly is the surgery doing when they refuse to see people in person and speak to them over the phone? How bizarre ...

What did the GP say, Ale? Any further clues as to why this is taking so long?

Hopefully the health check will confirm that you are in good nick, wabo :)

My foot is definitely getting there. I can feel it. I'm still super cautious though. There's really no point in trying a longer walk now just to find out it's too much and I'm back to square one when we go on hols. But I'm cautiously optimistic that I may be able to do some beach walking soon  B)
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Yes, made it past reception. GP didn't phone until gone 5 though. Upshot is she is stopping most of  my meds, asthma apart, and sending me for some tests, probably to rule things out rather than in!

Sunny but chilly day I believe: haven't set foot outside the house! Worked my four hours on my job and that is about it!

And happy St David's Day!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Good glad you got seen Ale.  Fingers crossed the tests reveal something.

What: just over 5km with 6 x end-of-road-to-footpath (around 1 min) intervals.
    Why: with friend.  He's slightly injured so he jogged the intervals and we did a recovery together
    Last hard: that was though I kept them consistent-ish
    Lyrics: not today

Happy Welsh day WP :)
    Have a lovely evening all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done today, Emz! Jealous!

I don't want the tests to reveal anything, if you understand what I mean! Would be nice to get a clean bill  of health! Hope that is what you got, Wabo