Tuesday 9th March 2021 And just like the guy whose feet...

Morning!

Lyrics: And just like the guy whose feet
Are too big for his bed
Nothing seems to fit

Yesterday's were Rainy Days and Mondays, The Carpenters.

Rain forecast on and off today, then a full week of rain forecast from tomorrow!

How's the foot, Chick?

What: hope to manage a short walk

Why: all I can manage.

Two hospital visits today: return ECG monitor this morning; cardiologist at tea time.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Aha I spy the new theme alehouse! Know today's lyrics. Hope it goes well today
    What 5.65 then to work for a couple of hours
    Why run the sum
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hopefully some answers and a way forward today, AH

Swim shortly then see how day goes.
    Yesterday's short group run was hampered by left side flank pain.
    That was first run for a few days.
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics no
  • Morning

Glad to see chicksta is enjoying her holiday - nice pics (lovely vibrant vegetation) and I hope the foot is holding up ok.

Welcome to Keller - yes, do pop back in.

Good news regarding the insulation OH - seems like you are on target for PBC then.  It really is time that you have no more issues with your side..

Good news too regarding the covid jags OH and Els.  I am in Group N for Never likely - we have just started to move to group B after around 3 mths here :/

Jealous of your towpaths Dustin - how comes you don't like them?  I guess there isn't much happening on the water at the moment for distraction?

Have a good run and day (hours) at work Wabo.

What: Maybe a group run this evening
    Why: depends on if anyone else is available - haven't checked yet
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning!
    Lyrics yes, and I'm sure Peter knows them really, hope the theme is not the weather theme of the month!
    Ale hope for continued improvement.
    Thought I had woken late, rushed to get off to Tesco while quiet and was actually pretty early. Arm a wee bit sore post jag this time, and tired cos slept erratically.
    Group run sounds good Hazel, I enjoyed last nights with 3 others but don't really enjoy that route or running just before dinnertime.
    Maybe Scapa cliff path later in morning but need more coffee first. big winds later today so get it in this morning would be good.
    Coffee with friend later and maybe more wool shopping.
    Have a good day folks!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hazel, good run but only 3.6 so far, will do a double today, I didn't feel like cramming in 5.65 before going to work, you are right hours not a whole day.  Have a good group run later
    els hope you get your run in this morning
    oh, not good about t he pain in the side
  • 5 miles on the cliff path blew away a few cobwebs! Looking forward to afternoon coffee date!
  • KellerKeller ✭✭✭
    Well...here goes!

I think I know the song, but not the who!
    Work-week days are copy and paste so nothing to report there, and today is a rest day.
    Back for a 5k tomorrow evening with the ever-decreasing local running group!
    Last hard on Sunday, first 10k for several years, just to see how far I have to go for Colchester Stampede.
    Last rest - practically every day for the last 2 years!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hi and welcome Keller. Do you live near Colchester? I used to live in Chelmsford before moving back to Germany in 2010 :)

Hope things are improving, ale. It's been ging on for too long.

I'm in group N as well, Hazel ;)

Good to hear the test was negative, Dustin.

Els: I was glad when the flight was over ;) good news on the jab.

The foot is behaving although it hasn't really been put to the test. Everything is steep and rugged here and I'm not comfortable enough yet. Right now I'm quite happy to sit outside gazing down to the sea and reading loads. And the night sky is out of this world. Almost no light pollution. Really lovely.
  • 4.5 miles easy jog with no problem today.
    Welcome Keller (from Orkney)
    Wind getting up ...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

And welcome, Keller!

So, cardiologist appointment was largely positive. Echocardiogram showed a healthy heart and has not been structurally damaged by the vaccine. The week long ECG was normal:  even when I had pain this was not reflected in the heart rate. He is fairly certain though that the vaccine has caused changes in the autonomic nervous system and that is the real reason why I feel unwell, particularly causing the erratic blood pressure readings, if I understood correctly. 

Managed to walk more today than I have for a month, albeit with my stick being there as a precaution, although didn't need it today. Over 5000 steps: have barely been managing 3000! 

Onwards and upwards (and you all know the lyrics, I'm sure...and they will probably doing this on many of us tomorrow!)!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Welcome Keller
    Glad you got fairly good and constructive news ale, great steps too. Onwards and upwards for sure
    Chick it all sounds heavenly