Thursday 11th march - Hi, hi we're your weather girls

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Morning all 
Lyrics - Hi, hi we're your weather girls
Ah-huh
And have we got news for you
Alehouse hope you're ok

Missed yesterday, just had one of those days
Nice foot pic chick, mine world never look so nice! Hope it likes the walk today
Hazel empathise with the calves and power walking up!! 
Keller sometimes there's a lot to go through! My son lives in tiptree, colchester
What windy rainy 5k off road with mate
Why arranged, hope it happens! 
Last hard yesterday 1.5 later in the day
Last rest 31/12
Have a good day all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes. The theme continues!

Yesterday's were, Buddy Holly and Raining in my heart.

Wet and very windy here. Hope to have a bit of a walk, but only if there is a break in the weather. Might see how I get on with a short stretching session.

Enjoy your run, Wabo!

And your walk, Chick.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Windy here too today - dry so far.  Hope you get out today.

Don't get sunburn on that foot Chicksta.  Hope the walk goes well today.

Annoying the appointment got in the way Els so you couldn't get a run in in decent conditions.  I walked LEJOG in 1999 - loved canal towpaths as a great way of getting from A to B.

Lots of work ahead by the sounds of it OH.

Nice speed session Dustin - like the mixture of distances. 

Have a good 5k with your mate Wabo.

Speedwork yesterday was a 5k @ 4:20/km, decent enough though I was intending to do 6.4 k (aka 4miles). I wimped out after 5k as I wasn't enjoying the uneven surface of the field track I was on - small ruts, sharp stones and badly mended potholes.  Much easier to run hard on tarmac but I thought I would go for a change of scene and return to a route I used to run regularly before I moved house - flat and dead straight. 

What: either a recovery or a short MLR - not sure which yet - will be village loops anyway so that I don't have to run long stretches into the strong wind and I should likely stay out of the woods today.
    Why: windy and will stay that way for a few days (followed by snow.. grrr).
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: standard no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel you will know the lyrics I'm sure!  Enjoy the run mlr or recovery
    Alehouse hopefully the weather allows a walk! 
  • Lyrics... nope.
    Despite gale forecast actually less windy than yesterday and had a nice run but only 7 miles as hadn't expected it to be so good. Being lazy this week.
    Hope you got out Ale and had a dry spell.
    Hazel...you do tough sessions!
    Yoga and cooking this afternoon while P was hard at it at the vaccination clinic.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Yep, you'll totally know the lyrics, Hazel. That's really pacy on an uneven track. Well done.

Hope you managed to get out, Ale.

Did you get out with your mate, wabo?

We drove up to the top of the big volcano today and I managed to walk around a bit. Honestly,  it's the perfect setting for a Bond movie. Footpath looked like this:

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    And here are some pics of the observatories

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    And waterfall clouds

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Hope day one of jabbing went well, OH!

Interesting photos, Chick!

Managed two walks! A whole one km to get a paper just before lunch. Decidedly windy. Mid afternoon two whole kms, largely off road. Cap got blown off!
    I suppose that represents progress although have still got a headache at the back of my head. Wearing! A long way off my fairly regular 50k weeks! No rush though!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Wow chick lovely photos. I did the 5 k with my mate, forgot to start watch so my run says 2.8!! So annoying lol. Nice run. 
    Alehouse nice walking. Do you think you have tension going on in the back of your head? I mean you've had a lot going on
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hiya
    Chick - nice photos ... but not the foot one  ;)
    Hazel - tasty 5k, hope the MLR was good
    Wabo - good 5k (less the strava tax!)
    Ale - good work with the walks

What - 8 steady up to the home of West Ham (London's #1? - sorry Wabo!)
    Why - London again, more, but different canal paths.
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - Yeah I think so.
    4 day weekend, leave to take before the end of March. Need the rest, that commuting takes it out of you, dunno how I managed for the past 36 years  :D