Monday 12th April 2021 I'll have some pickled onions

Morning!

Lyrics: I'll have some pickled onions
And a little bit of cheese, please
Thank you

This song may get a few mentions in English pubs that are able to open today, outside only. 

Yesterday's were The Rolling Stones with (I can't get no) Satisfaction

What: another short run plus stretches

Why: trying to get back into the routine

Heavy frost here.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Possibly know these lyrics today
    Nice one alehouse! 
    I ache from the gardening 😖
    What 3 miles easy maybe
    Why achy
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - good to see you making slow progress back into it. I know it's not where you want to be but better than a month ago!
    OH/Els - glad you're back home safely, cracking photos yesterday
    Wabo -shame you missed the 10 xc , but well done yesterday
    Hazel - how did the 4 LT go?

Brief summary - Saturday track, 2 sets of 5x400 off 60s
    Then 4x200 off 45s to finish
    Good to be back doing it, but paces way off what I am aiming for. Still we have to get the ball rolling!
    Sunday was 13.5 easy trails followed by an afternoon of creosoting the garden fences including 2 breaks for snow showers...

Today - short and easy
    Why - easy monday
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Saturday 
    lyric - hmmm...? not sure

Woke up to it snowing, actually bonkers. Anyway, pub tonight, can't wait!

• Morning

Hmm pickled onions and cheese!  Maybe a bit early for that though.

Agree regarding the mileage / short runs Ale.  Keep building it slowly.  Doesn't look like cricket weather at the moment. 

Lovely pics yesterday OH and Els.  Any carrot cake left?

Gardening can be hard work indeed Wabo. 

Nice combination of runs Dustin - enjoy the pub tonight!  LT went well thanks - felt it a lot yesterday though!

Have a good start to the week.

What: short recovery
    Why: tired after a big week last week, Monday
    Last hard: yesterday's MLR - a right plod along a flat river route - think a few undulations would have been easier on the legs (slow plod the ups and cruise the downs).
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Morning again!

What: M75 was passing my door so joined him for a couple of kms along the river before crossing and coming back along the other side on my own. Struggled on the two undulations. You can keep those at present, Hazel! Good to have company and he is now M76 since I last ran with him forever ago!

Why: making slow progress back into it. I know it's not where I want to be but better than a month ago! To almost quote Dustin

And I am sure that most will know the lyrics when revealed. Enjoy the pub, Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Meant to say, lyrics are third line onwards as the title is in the first couple! I can see Dustin ordering as per the title...but not the pickled onions!
  • Finished off mount for tidal clock, now some gardening.
    Snow is gone. Sun is out!
    Lyrics - not heard before, that is with guitar accompaniment!  :wink:
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Funny lyrics, Ale ☺️ glad things are getting better at your end.

Great pics yesterday, OH and Els. Adriene was a godsend when I had some stress fractures in 2016. She kept me sane.

No wonder you're achy, wabo.

Dustin: bonkers weather right now. Jealous of the pubs opening.

Guess an easier day was in order, Hazel.

Another 7 miles here. Was caught in the middle of a sleet shower. Rather unpleasant. More yoga and s&c done too.