Why loosely running the sum, gives me an aim
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12
Off to work and from there a visit to son and family, busy day
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Ahead of me by seconds setting lyrics, Wabo! I knew mine!

Yesterday's were Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please, Spoldgenessabounds.

Off to work also, so

What: short run, stretch

Why: yesterday was a longer run day so being careful

Cold, frosty, bright.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Enjoy your busy day Wabo.

Nice you were able to run with M76 again Ale. 

We need a full pub report Dustin please.

Didn't know such a thing as a tidal clock exists OH. 

Good walking yesterday chicksta.

What: group run with a couple of miles stuck.
    Why: Tuesday / sanity
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Alehouse I loved reading that you met m76 it felt like a bit of normal!!
    Have a good run hazel
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Back from a really nice easy run saw a little white egret, same spot I always seem to see him lately
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    I should have got yesterday's lyric - probably could have guessed that one!
    I'm definitely more pickled onion than cheese. 
    Wabo - great wildlife spotting!

What - club session, pyramid 200-1k-200 all with 200 easy between
    Why - says so on the schedule
    last rest -10/10
    last hard - that'll be today
    lyric - not so sure

So for Hazel, pub last night and a table booked for 2 hours, outside only. After early morning snow, it was still a bit chilly even with all the patio heaters going. Reckon there were a dozen tables of 2-6 people (we were a 4, Mrs D & the girls)
    Opted for the spicy chicken fajita burger washed down with a couple of pints of Razorback beer. Girls had chocolate brownies for dessert, I hoovered up the leftovers - I was surprised there were some.
    Comedy moment as the eldest (23) was asked for ID yet the youngest (19) was not....I reassured her that she gets her youthful looks (and modesty) from her father....
    Just nice "going out" even if it is just a pub a mile down the road!
    Can't wait to be allowed back indoors again.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Yesterday evening sounds good, Dustin! Had you in mind ordering two pints of lager and a packet of crisps. I still get asked me age, which is good (have been questioned several times if I am entitled to my senior travel cards). 

I had to pop into town to the opticians yesterday (long story, back again on the 20th) and most of where I went was quiet and even ventured into a deserted department store and bought jeans and a jumper. Passed quite a lot of outside drinkers...including a couple of girls being treated by paramedics, and this was about one o'clock, lunchtime. Wonder what time they got there!

Just a short run today: after yesterday's 4k my legs felt I had done 40k once I tried to run! 

Need to do some garden clearing ahead of a fence being delivered tomorrow. Will substitute gardening for stretches today!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Lovely pub report, Dustin 👍🏻
    Shame it's so bloody cold right now.

Building back up takes time, Ale. Saw quite a number of pictures from the UK with binge-drinkers 🙄

Enjoy the group run, Hazel.

In other news: hubby got s Covid jab today, yay 🙌🏻 We went together and I tried to talk them into giving me mine too but no such luck. It's AstraZeneca at the mo which they don't give to women under 60 here.

So, another 5 weeks wait at least. Shame but it was worth a try.

5 miles walked earlier. It was freezing! But I saw the first swallows today