Saturday 1st May 2021 It's getting late, have you seen my mates?

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 1 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: It's getting late, have you seen my mates?
Ma, tell me when the boys get here

Yesterday's were Benny and the Jets, again by Elton John.

Go well, Hazel!

What: around 30 minutes plus stretches

Why: re-building

Glad you and mum had a great day, Wabo!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Alehouse enjoy your 30 mins and stretches
    Heading off today, swinging by my son's as I haven't seen them for a couple of weeks

What maybe a not a parkrun here
    Why it's a nice course
    Last hard yesterday evening 1.35
    Last rest 31/12
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Thanks  Ale - seems strange to be feeling the pre-race butterflies again.  Your runs are growing nicely.

Good luck to you too with the mile today Dustin!

Enjoy visiting your son Wabo. Lovely pic yesterday. No ice creams from the shop behind?

Thanks for the pics too Els.  Strange to see so much brown with all the spring green here now.  

What: 4.6k hilly race (solo TT format  up a gorge).  
    Why: pinning on a number again 
    Last feeling guilty: driving quite a way for such a short race (normally it is 8k but they've cut it down), but I am going to take the opportunities I have to race
    Next hard: that will be - wet limestone steps involved
    Last rest: 30.03.2020
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Sounds like a tough race, Hazel!

Forgot to wish Dustin good luck in the mile race. Not sure that I have recovered from my last one yet, about ten years ago!

What: warm up and then bumped into a few guys running the last part of their Saturday morning 5k TT: the neurologist, a priest and a German protestant minister! I joined the priest who was the slowest and ran the last couple of kms with him. This was the fastest that I have run since January. Was glad that I wasn't doing the full 5k! Then a short warm down. 

Why: I knew that it was likely that there would be company in the park.

Some stretches done, but more to come. Was quite chilly early but now pouring.

Hope that your notparkrun went well if you decided to do it, Wabo! And I think you will know the lyrics given the day and the theme!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Quiet!

Hope your race was good, Hazel! Meant to ask, is it uphill only?

Have been in and out of the garden this pm: the in parts were because it was too cold to stay out!

Hope all was good at Giselle's new place, Wabo!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hiya folks, sorry for yet another hiatus. That wasn't intended but work struck again and I just couldn't face more screen time catching up on social 🙄

Positive news first: Had my 1st Pfizer jab today. Hooray! All I needed was a confirmation from my parents that they need me to look after them. My arm hurts like hell but it's totally worth it.

Hazel: a race, how exciting 👏🏻 hope it went well.

Els: nice pics. What's wrong with Peter though? You mentioned here sore? Not the kidney stones I hope 🙏🏼
    Sorry to hear they heaped so much work on you. Seems a little unfair.

Ale: that's a motley crew 😉 are you feeling better or is it still the same?

Hope your mile wasn't too 🤢 Dustin. I did an 18 week PnD once and peaked too soon 🤪

Wabo: hope your nephew is ok 🙏🏼 nice pic and happy belated birthday to your mum. You look great 👍🏻

Poppy has been missing for a while. Hope she's doing fine.
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Chick...congrats on the jab and boo to the too much work.
    Don't really know why P is sore...hangover from the stones or age related? Frustrating!
    Hazel ..most of Orkney is green and fertile but the hills are peaty and brown! Hope the race went well.
    Work on kitchen ongoing but paused for weekend but have put cooker back in for now. Soansged to make some scones this morning and sourdough proving for tomorrow.
    Ran part of the wideford route this morning but only just over 2m and a walk look adding up to 22m overall.  Don't want to go backwards. Warm and sunny morning...cooler since got home. Otherwise quiet day. Walk with Friend tomorrow morning and P is vaccinating.
    Some cute video clips of Ellie...beginning to vocaliseAle and wabo good running!
  • elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Yikes was typing jibberish and 11 miles not 22 covered! Must be nearly time to call it a day!