Wednesday 5th May 2021 Meet me in the crowd, people, people

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Meet me in the crowd, people, people
Throw your love around, love me, love me
Take it into town, happy, happy

Another happy song after yesterday's which were Spread a little happiness, which goes back a long way but relatively recently was revived by Sting. It was the school song at a school that I worked at in the 70s!

Well done with the track, Wabo

What: short and easy run, stretches

Why: will run longer tomorrow when not working

Very cold here: thick ice on the car.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Busier on here yesterday - nice to see!

Weather check - peers out of window - currently dry from above, windy.   Came back from yesterday's run and had to spend some time moving garden furniture (not mine) from the road.  I imagine the owner was surprised when he opened the door and fell over it but it was the only sheltered spot I could put it without it likely being back in the road a minute later.

Thick ice on car doesn't sound pleasant Ale if you have to remove it prior to work..  Well done on getting your stretches done yesterday.

Good session on the track Wabo.  400s hurt (well they do me).

Good news on the hedgehog Dustin.  Will help to keep your garden free of nasties.. Spent some time watching one roaming around in someone else's garden once - hog was the right word for all the grunting and slobbering going on.

Found a reasonable spot for speedwork Chicksta - suitable for westerly winds as there is a big chunk of woods next to a field with a convenient track around it (around 600m).   Still a bit gusty but there was no way I was doing any speed out in the open.

Annoying regarding the extra distance for the post office emzap.

Great to see you drop in OH.

What: longer MLR
    Why: plan
    Last hard: yesterday's LT run - cut it down from 5 to 4 as fed up of fighting the wind I did have left despite the sheltered position.   Will repeat this week to get in another 5 as no point in moving on to the 6m yet.
    Last rest: 30.03.2021

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Wabo - great track skills!
    OH - thanks for the update!!
    Emz - annoying with the parcels, but at least there is a second Post Office nearby!
    Chick - Hedgehogs roam over a wide distance so probably the same visitor when they know where the food & water is!
    Ale - enjoy the easy and stretch well! I saw there was snow/hail in your part of the world yesterday.

What - easy lunchtime run. 
    why - In London again, and legs mangled from 6x800s on grass yesterday.
    Session went surprisingly well, after 3 mile warm up, legs felt really heavy. Amazing how running with others spurs you on. Was in front of many who normally leave me behind. I was hanging on #6 though....
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday. Definitely,

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Another day of many seasons including more rain, more hail, some sunshine and plenty of wind!

Hope your MLR goes well, Hazel, and an easy day is definitely called for, Dustin!

What: easy day plus short stretching session

Why: legs were struggling a little again, quite possibly from yesterday's S&C as much as running. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel how was the mlr, good I hope, I agree about 400's so do my legs
    Alehouse nice stretching! Got to be done
    Dustin nice training and nice mention of spurs 🤣
    What, 2.75 bluebell walk with daughter, group run tonight in forest, 5.4. lovely running in a group
    Why weds night
    Last hard that was, legs are sore
    Last rest 31/12

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Your mention of Spurs made me smile, Wabo! And sounds a decent run in the forest! Easy day tomorrow?
    Lyrics?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I  don't know the lyrics
    Yep easy for sure!! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can