Thursday 3rd June 2021 In the town where I was born

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: In the town where I was born
Lived a man who sailed to sea

Possibly the start of a new theme!

What: probably a short run, must stretch

Why: not doing too much at present

Yesterday's race was a 10k, with runners setting off two at a time two metres apart every couple of seconds. Worked well, I believe.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes, might have an idea of theme
    Did you do the race alehouse? They do work well
    What nothing.
    Why holiday too nice I can't be bothered lol
    Last hard Tuesday
    Last rest yesterday

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Not like you not to run, Wabo! And no chance of me racing: was helping. Hope the sea air has made you feel better!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I feel great alehouse
    Normal services to resume next Monday 👍
  • Where are you having your holiday Wabo? Sounds nice.
    Lyrics yes, but what is theme?
    Work plus a short walk yesterday plus lots of other bits and pieces. Apparently I don't look like a real person, took many goes for facial recognition thing to work for my bus pass card (they weren't issuing them last year).
    Just in from 9 hilly miles in the sun.  Last couple were hard, lost my distance fitness! Speed pretty poor too but good to be out there running again.
    Hope Dustin is feeling better.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - sounds like a good race set up
    Els - 9 miles is impressive in the sunshine 
    Wabo - sounds a relaxing break!

What - few easy miles & U11 coaching
    Why - Thursday
    last rest - Friday-Tuesday
    last hard - Friday - Tuesday ;-)
    lyric - yes

• An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Jagging again. Hoping to swim after work.
    Last hard - trying to get online application for Entitlement Card (Saltire bus pass) to work for Elspeth
    On 2nd device and 3rd browser (iPad Safari) before application could be completed. Not user friendly nor well tested across platforms. Eventually accepted submission. Now to see if it is accepted.
    It tries to do airport style facial recognition comparing live footage to a photo of your passport.
    I just walked into council offices and asked for mine 3 years ago - none of this pallaver.
    Lyrics yes
  • Day off tomorrow ...
    (But working again Saturday)
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Sounds like a good race Ale. Much nicer than a solo TT without seeing anyone.

Full rest will do you good Wabo. 

Annoying regarding the bus pass Els. Nice run, wouldn't worry much about speed if it was hilly and sunny. 

Enjoy the coaching and the miles Dustin.

Hope you get the swim in OH.

What: 12k run pre breakfast, 60k cycled this afternoon
    Why: BH and day off tomorrow as well so modest bike tour with first night away since August 20.
    Last hard: very warm this afternoon
    Last rest: 30.03.2020
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice running and biking combo, Hazel. Enjoy your long weekend. No BH here - it's one for the Southerners or catholics, rather :) 

Boo to IT pain, OH. I had that with one of my banking apps the other day. Tried to set up 2 way authentification and it worked neither with Firefox nor with Chrome. In the end I had to reactivate the standard browser that comes with my Samsung Galaxy phone for it to work ...

Sounds like a relaxing holiday, wabo. Enjoy. 

Great miles, Els. 

You're over that bug then, Dustin? Enjoy the coaching. 

Good idea to start runners in pairs, Ale

Yesterday's lyrics were Fire, Amy McDonald

I was a bit naughty today and kinda jogged my 5 miles. I felt so sick of this stupid unnatural walking style I just had to. It was granny jogging though and I made sure not to put any weight on the left big toe, so cue a bit of an awkward hobbling thing on the outside of the left foot. But needs must. It felt loads easier than walking, that's for sure. And it didn't hurt. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

I won't tell you off, Chick! I think most of us would have jogged quite a bit by now. Hope that all is ok tomorrow, not least with the other parts of your foot!

Just 4k recovery run today: legs were tired after running before and after my helping duties at yesterday's race. Was on road yesterday and I rarely run far on the roads. And I ran a few sections faster than I have run since January. 

No stretches but lots of cross training in the garden. 

Meant to say, hope all is well with Emz (and Lucas)!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hi! I'm here. Having a tough week but still plodding along.

Did a club race Monday, came 2nd only to be told off in front of a large portion of the club for running off and leaving people behind... Made me feel so awful I went home in tears...I was told it was a race and I wasn't told I had to lead people!!! Been feeling down from that for the rest of the week really. Tried a run today but 3km was all I could manage. Did do core and strength this afternoon though.

Lucas sounds like an old man with a smoker's cough but the steroids do seem to have helped the croup at least. 

Well done for your race ale!  Chick that's naughty but we'd have all done it! Have a nice long weekend hazel!

I'm hoping a nice relaxing weekend will reset things for me. I know I shouldn't let people get to me, but that's easier said than done...

Have a lovely evening all 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els we're in Cornwall. 12 of us in 4 caravans in a lovely quiet holiday park near a beach and near my brother. 
    Emzap, I feel for you! I would have felt exactly the same, poor you:-( and poor Lucas!! 
    Chick I certainly wouldn't tell you off either
    Hazel nice lot of training today. Yep this full rest is what I needed. I'm looking forward to getting going again properly from next Monday