Saturday 12th June 2021 Speed bonnie boat

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Speed bonnie boat, like a bird on the wing

Yesterday's were  Rock the Boat, The Hues Corporation

Enjoy your holiday, Chick! I can see us heading for further lockdowns here, or certainly not an easing of restrictions. 

What: something easy again plus stretches

Why: have found running a struggle the last few days since the longer run on Monday with M76; and I really do need to get back to the stretching regime!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• More swooshing (different bridge)

Dry but blustery this morning.

Lyrics yes
  • 40mph winds this morning - really? maybe some running backwards!
    Lyrics - of course!
  • HW too low for swooshing at that location today.  :'(
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Not really sure what swooshing is, OH!

What: a better run, plus some stretches beforehand

Why: probably because the last few days have been easier, or because it felt pretty chilly at 11 degrees.
    The only downside was the headache at the back of my head wasn't good today. I think that is 17 weeks now and is present most of the time.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ugh, a cold, wet windy day for June. 7 miles run but we opted out of outdoor icecreams after as had been planned last Sat when it was sunny! hard work as my friends all faster than me.
    Nice running Ale!
  • Swooshing: swimming with the fast tidal flow - in our situation under a bridge from sea to loch or vice versa.
    Need to catch the point where there is a significant flow and sufficient depth.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Thanks for the swooshing explanation OH, wasn't sure either. Shame it didn't work out today. I guess you need to know what you are doing with the currents?

Have fun in Bavaria Chicksta. Nice area you are heading for. Trip to the salt mines if it is too hot? Don't know how much fun it would be with restrictions though or even if they are open.

Glad you had a better run Ale.

Bad luck with the non ice cream weather Els. (Sends package of hot Swiss air northwards).

Nice swift miles yesterday Dustin.

Hope the ankle is improving emzap.

1:1 Switzerland -Wales hmmm...

What: 10 sweaty GA km followed by about 4 more with hill efforts and strides before breakfast
    Why: mileage, form, leg turnover.
    Last hard: warmth and in particular the humidity almost harder than yesterday evening's heat.
    Last rest 30.03.2020

Lyrics: yes