Options

Thursday 17th June 2021 Way out on the sea

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Way out on the sea
Oh, carry my loved one
Home safely to me

Second line onwards with the title in line one.

Yesterday's were The Village People with In The Navy

What: to be decided

Why: helping at a race tonight so will do something before/during/after 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good on you for the volunteering Ale - what sort of race is it today?  If you fancy some more weeding I have plenty for you..

Great LT run Dustin - well done.

Well done on staying upright and the 5 miles with hills Wabo.

I trust Chicksta is enjoying her holidays in the deep south.

I was out running during CH vs IT - it was eerily quiet on my passes through the village so I knew that CH was losing!

What: late recovery
    Why: MLR yesterday and need a couple of easier days before a second go at that challenge run at the weekend
    Last hard: yesterday's undulating MLR did drag on a bit - not far off 25k done.  28c on setting off, but it was bearable and quite pleasant by the end and I kept the pace down.  Made a point of heading for water every few k.
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Morning again! 

Race is first of a local 5k series, Hazel. Flat and fast. 700 entered. As of a couple of days ago it is going to be wave starts. And that is more than a decent MLR!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse nice to volunteer! enjoy whatever you do manage
    hazel nice mlr and nice points in trader for me!! enjoy your recovery

What: well I have seen QoP today so an easy mile much later
    why: sensible
    last hard: her thumbs and elbows
    last rest: 6/6
    she actually said my legs weren't bad at all and thinks maybe just fatigue is to blame with the falls!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Lyrics no
    Another swim
    Friend arriving to stay weekend tomorrow - the fist since Covid.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Quiet!

I am sure that you know today's lyrics, OH! I can picture them just off Orkney! Enjoy the visitor! 

What: a few kms before this evening's race. 

Why: didn't want to do too much. Race appeared to go well from my position at 2.5/4km. High quality: won in 14:09 (male) and 16:25 (female). 216 under 20 minutes! And an accurate course. Perfect conditions, about 18 degrees and no wind.