Tuesday 22nd June 2021 She packed my bags last night pre-flight

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: She packed my bags last night pre-flight
Zero hour 9:00 a.m.

Yesterday's were the first of a new theme: Fly me to the moon, Frank Sinatra amongst others. So the theme is space, so that's aliens and planets and spaceships and flying etc.

What: longer run

Why: M76's plan. 
Zero hour 9:00 a.m. Although he is usually early.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I sensed the new theme lol! 
    Morning
    Enjoy the longer run alehouse
    I loved the Denmark game last night!

What 2.5 this morning, maybe couple more later 
    Why try a double
    Last hard yesterday am 2.5
    Last rest 6/6
    Been doing kettle bells everyday last two weeks, only for a few mins. Toning arms up nicely
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ps ale I'd like mine done by zero hours 9.00 am 🤣
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning Wabo! Yes, Denmark game was good! And I must stretch before zero hour!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Well done Dustin - good time and placing and I think you were allowed to be exhausted after a long day like that.  Well done on getting the recovery run in - guess you wouldn't have enjoyed a track meeting though.  Recover well.

Well done on the hills yesterday emzap.

Are you feeling better today Ale?  Hope so.  Have a good run with M76. 

Good luck with the double Wabo, nice you are seeing results on the arms. 

Still haven't watched any football... Switzerland have scraped through to the next round by the sounds of it.

What: group run this evening - a couple of solo miles beforehand probably
    Why: Tuesday - solo bit to see how I feel
    Last hard: yesterday - did my short and slow run - 3.7k.  Shortest I have done in a long time and likely the slowest too.  Fresh air was good though and I feel ok today
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Glad that you feel better, Hazel...and that you managed a short run yesterday. Enjoy this evening's outing.

Well done Dustin on both the marathon and all the other things that went into the race. Interestingly goody bags and even water are banned from the current 5k series for fear of cross contamination!

Stretches d&d!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya,
    Hazel - Pleased you feel better and I sometimes find the short and very easy are good for clearing the legs. On recovery runs, speed is irrelevant , arguably a bit slower the better...
    Ale - enjoy the MV76 run. Interesting point re goody bags, we did have to think about that but figured given we had just half a dozen packing / distributing all of whom did a LF test beforehand, we figured it would be acceptable. Water we had a 1,000l tanker from a water company with a push button release. wiped down between uses.  
    Wabo - happy doubling.
    Footy - watched the Belgium game, pleased for the Danes. After the way we played on Friday , I'm all over the Czech Republic at 8/1 tonight. 

What - club session, 7-8 miles with strides as part of the London marathon brigade. I will be taking it easy
    Why - London week 4
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - Sunday
    lyric - don't think so 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hazel glad you feel better today - enjoy the group run
    Dustin nice one - you seem to have been busy!!
    ale I must stretch today!!
    2.7 mile loop d&d, felt good
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

No sooner than I had finished my hour with M76 and the phone rang asking me if I could work, so half an hour or so later I was standing in front of a class! First time since last December. 
  • Solstice celebrations last night
    Swim and beach bonfire.
    Today punctuated by dental hygienist then DEXA osteoporosis scan.
    Lyrics no

I haven't watched any football either