Tuesday 13th July 2021 I am just a poor boy

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I am just a poor boy
Though my story's seldom told

Yesterday's sport related lyrics were Robin Hall and Jimmy MacGregor, Football Crazy

What: stretches

Why: working shortly

All sounds good, Chick! Just don't rush things!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Glad you got to the fitness suite yesterday Ale.

Nice multi-sport outing yesterday chicksta. 

Sounds like you are having fun Dustin.  Other than the flies.  I just had a whizz through a few random pics of the area - looks nice.

Good luck with the long run today Els (and the dentist).

No need for suncream here today - bucketing it down at the moment and many areas are on flood alerts.  Good thing I live at the top of a big hill.

Going out for a 15 mile MLR sounds easier than going out for a 15 mile LSR somehow.  Don't know why.

What: 8 likely very soggy miles with some hill sprints and strides
    Why: plan
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: very familiar
  • Basic Pilates, Yoga class (if I can get through to book) then swimming after lunch
    Another failed attempt at running last night managed less than a mile ;(
    More dental problems - 3rd attempt at temporary filling fell out again last night. - the Teflon tooth awaiting crowning when dentists are allowed to resume such ...
    Lyrics Familiar but no
  • Sorry Ale! In the dog house again!
    V foggy, warm and covered in flies run, found it hard but 17.5 done! That's only half of tiree ultra distance but hey there's walking as well and still a few weeks to train. Not gonna be pretty!
    Dentist is only for a consultation, though I wish they would yank my broken and sore at times wisdom tooth out! But a step in the right direction. 
    Run with swim in the middle sounds nice Chick, I'm guessing water is a little warmer than here, even I might have considered it today if I had more time.
    Lyrics - yes, even Peter should know them!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Ugh, a lot of dental trouble going on Els/OH. I'm just mighty glad I'm sorted for now. I had a troublesome tooth that I was begging my dentist to pull out some 3 or 4 years ago because it caused so much pain. We eventually settled for root canal last year and it was crowned last month. Now it's quiet and I hope it stays that way. 

Hazel: mind games :) MLR doesn't sound so threatening. Even if the mileage is the same. 

Hope work wasn't too stressful, ale

Did my steps this morning. It was hot and humid at 6am already. Some joggy bits inbetween but I was largely being sensible  o:)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - great miles
    Hazel - decent session after a long run yesterday
    what - 6 miles up an down a hill + 8-9 miles walking on the coastal path
    why - because I can
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - yesterday

Not sure if its covid related but a lot of the footpaths here are hard to find/overgrown/have gates chained shut.
    Ended up doubling back multiple times, climbing over 5 bar gates and dodging electric fences....
    That and no pubs in the town...
    That aside it is a stunning part of the world!