Sunday 8th August 2021 For she invented medicinal compound

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: For she invented medicinal compound
Most efficacious in every case

Yesterday's were I can sing a rainbow, Peggy Lee, Ella Fitzgerald amongst others

What: a run at some point, possibly fitness suite

Why: weather is foul

Hope that you can find plenty to do, Dustin!

Well done Lucas!

Well toughed out at parkrun, Wabo.

Sensible, Chick!

Hot air balloon is not for me, Hazel!

Photo looks good to me, Els!

Any improvement, OH?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Afternoon!

Quiet. 

What: fitness suite plus short run

Why: to avoid the rain and then avoided the rain. Run was hard work. Don't know how I have got so unfit!

Just over 20 k for the week. 

Was hoping to go and watch some cricket...

Meant to say, Els, won't know what the cakes are like until the near the end of December!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Swim around (Churchill Barrier 3) wreck (670m)
    Lovely day here.
    Still no running for me.
    Lyrics yes
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Kipchoge - just wow, glad I sat up to watch that, the break at 30k was just different class. 
    Don't know what I'm going to watch now...
    So Sports Personality then...Kenny or Kenny or Daley or Peaty? And that's before we start on the footballers.
    Ale - guessing you're happy with the Charity Shield result?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, Dustin, good to have silverware in the cabinet this early in the season! Was a struggle to watch it as had the Lions on the radio and the cricket on my phone!
    Saw only the last couple of kms of the marathon. Felt sorry for 4th place!
    Doubt that there will be footballers in the line up for SPOTY. A joint Kenny award? 
    Thought of you as I strode out along the Fallowfield Loop in a westerly direction. Plodded, actually. 

Sorry to hear that you are not running, OH: the swimming will help maintain fitness.
  • Afternoon

Please send some rain Ale, we are in for some late summer heat this coming week. Is the 20k an increase over last week?

Good to see you OH and glad you could use the weather for a swim at least.

Haven't watched the mara (yet) Dustin.  Hopefully not a footballer for SPOTY. 

Nice pic yesterday Els, thanks.

Well done indeed Lucas and hope you have a good day as well today emz.

What: 18k MLR with a few faster miles at the end, 23.x k cycling to run and back.
    Why: did LR on Friday so shorter today. Shouldn't drive to run too often.
    Last hard: nearly 300m of ascent against a brisk breeze on the bike back. Gentle trundle pace
    Last trst: 30.03.20

Lyrics: familiar but no..