Monday 9th August 2021 I'm just mad about saffron

Morning!

Lyrics: I'm just mad about saffron
A-saffron's mad about me

Yesterday's were Lily the Pink, The Scaffold

What: hopefully a little longer run

Why: running with M76
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Bahh - don't like saffron..  Of course regarding yesterday's lyrics.

Have a nice run with M76 Ale.

Have a good start to the week everyone. 

What: recovery - around 6k
    Why: Monday - gentle start to the week
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lyrics yes
    Hazel have a nice gentle start to the week!
    Alehouse enjoy running with m76, that will be nice!
    My planned long run went all wrong yesterday, once again I planned it round my mate and she blew out - shouldn't make a difference but it scuppered me what with the rain etc etc. I only did a mile in the end. 
    Never mind
    What short run in the rain
    Why work to be done
    Last hard last night.
    Last rest 24/7
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 43 minutes, the first half with M76.

Why: wouldn't have managed much more. Much harder coming back on my own. Was, for once, glad of running into a gentle breeze and drizzle. Longest run for nearly seven weeks, during which time I have become decidedly unfit...not that I was very fit seven weeks ago!

Enjoy your runs, HazelWabo.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I did enjoy mine alehouse.  I do get what you mean about the second half, also it just is easier running sometimes with cpmpany
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Your mate is a bit unreliable, wabo 😕 sort her out 😉

Sorry to hear the PCR was positive as well, Dustin. Hopefully yours will remain a mild case 🙏🏼

How was the ballooning, Hazel? 3:30 am is an ungodly hour to get up. It was actually when we went to bed after returning from Berlin 😆

Els: you don't have to be fast for parkrun. That's what I love about parkrun. You can just walk it if you're feeling a bit off. No pressure.

Well done on your long run, ale. I can relate on being unfit...

5 miles this morning. A bit breezy.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta I know and the trouble is I put my run in place then she asks if I am running so I alter my plan and then that happens!! Need to make MY plan and stick to it
    oh hazel ballooning I am sure it was great but I am in camp alehouse, it terrifies me!
    Nice running chick 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Hiya
    Ale - nice mileage!
    Wabo - unreliable running pals are a nuisance, stick to your plan and leave it at that
    Chick - slowly getting there , all good progress!
    lyric - yes

Obviously nothing to report on the run front. Throat a bit better but still quite tired.
    Taking a LFT later but hoping I'm clear by the w/end
    Missing out on the 7 mile threshold run as part of the marathon group session tomorrow. Oh the timing   :)