Friday 13th August 2021 All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown)

Morning!

Lyrics: All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown)
And the sky is gray (and the sky is gray)

What: short run, short stretch

Why: easy day

Race well, Hazel!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning..

Thanks Ale, will be a get round it effort level as it will be very warm and humid. 

Distance is 11k with around 350m ascent / descent.  Should be 800m ascent normally for this race but the organizers have gone for a loop format rather than up the hill and then get everyone back down again.  mix of road, forest roads and a bit of trail (I think - I need to check it out still).

Love the word discombobulate Wabo.  Can imagine you were tired after the kids.

Well done on the fastest mile yet chicksta.

Hope the bread did finally do its stuff Els.  Slow ultra pace sounds good to me.

What: morning jogette done - 5k - in the hopes of getting things moving around the legs a bit as I have been suffering from heavy legs if sat down for a long time when it is warm and humid. Race this evening.
    Why: s. above
    Next hard: this evening (will worry about that later though)
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: la la la - can sing them at least.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - good luck tonight, sounds a great race. Still with 350m over 11k that's decent climbing.
    Chick - good work with the zippy mile
    Els - good baking skills. I really should do more.
    Ale - Enjoy the easy run. 

What - well still nothing but hope to tiptoe out over the weekend.
    Arguably back in the office on Monday too. Yesterday's LFT still showed positive. Just bored with it all now, I feel fine (if still very tired).
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Lets flag that spammer into oblivion, guys :) 

Good luck tonight, Hazel. Hot & humid here. Wouldn't want to race in that. 

Thanks for the comments on my fast-ish mile :) pace is indeed relative. I'm just happy that I can run again and if the pace comes back, fine. If not, also fine. As long as I can run pain-free all is well.

Shame about the bread, Em. Classic for me is to switch the oven on but forgetting to set the temperature  :D  so the dough rises out of the tin but remains unbaked. 

Yes to lyrics. Yesterday's were Need you Now, Lady Antebellum.

5 mile run this morning. I was surprised to feel decent after very little sleep and a longer run yesterday but legs definitely said yes, let's do this :)