Saturday 14th August 2021 ...goes to my head

Morning!

Lyrics: ...goes to my head
Makes me forget that I still need her so

Yesterday's lyrics were California Dreamin', The Mamas and The Papas

What: short run

Why: all I seem able to do

How was yesterday evening, Hazel?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Lyrics - no but I did have yesterdays!
    Hazel - eager to hear about your race.
    I have Kirkwall HM next Sunday, my ambitions are modest, to finish and not to crack my jaw like last time I ran this one! Only 16 entries so far which is poor, it had been getting a bit more popular of late.
    Parkrun marshalling, then a short run with friend on the agenda.
    Ale - you're doing OK given everything you have had going on!
    Chick - you're flying again!
    Have a nice Saturday!
  • Quiet, hope all having good runs!
    For once warm parkrun marshalling and met a runner from Edinburgh I'd run the last St Mags marathon with!
    Followed by trail run with a friend, also v pleasant. About 8.5m.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Yes, quiet.

Sounds like a good day running-wise, Els.

30 minutes for me: Parrs Wood to Stockport and back on the river bank, although that whole section is now tarmac or similar. Was glad of a bit of drizzle!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Full race report will have to wait as currently one finger typing on tablet at PIL in Germany.

Short form: 5/12 in category F45, by the names in front of me about the right place.  58:33 for 11.5k, splits between 4:00 and 6:22 / km. Hot but bearable. Good tussle with a F55 buddy, got her by 20 seconds. She might be older but is a very good hill runner, wasn't steep enough for her though to get away from me on the flatter bits.

What: 5ish miles this morning to loosen up legs
    Why: quads not amused by whizzing down the hills yesterday
    Ongoing hard: heat at PIL, there is no way I am sleeping upstairs, off to the cellar for me!
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no

• Shame about the HM els. Running events are well down on numbers at the moment here too. Nice collection of running activities for you today.

Drizzle would be paradise Ale..

Hope you can get out Dustin.

Good ongoing training Chicksta. How many weeks have you been back running for now?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done, Hazel. Sounds really tough. 
    I've been running for about 6 weeks now.

Nice to meet a marathon buddy at parkrun, els. I was happy to see my friends this morning. It was lovely to catch up.

I think I know those lyrics, Ale.

Pretty shattered today. I had my mammography/ultrasound at the radiology clinic yesterday. All good. Like my gyn suspected it was a fibroadenoma. We're going to monitor it with 6-monthly ultrasounds. Just hope it doesn't grow 🙏🏼
    Then we drove to a concert (about a 300 mile roundtrip) so in bed at 2am but had to get up at 7 for parkrun 💤💤💤 followed by a lengthy visit to the opticians for new bifocals. Sofa time now. I bagged my steps though 🙏🏼
  • Fantastic result Hazel...v speedy! What is PIL though?
    Chick...sounds v busy...how did the parkrun go. I am too scared to run it! We had a 16.45 winner today! 
    Ale nice running...how far was that?
    Afternoon wandering round stromness shopping week...abridged for covid...watched some live music, bought some second hand books, met some folk and had a coffee. 
    Gotta do some beach reps tomorrow....might have forgotten last week!
  • Stromness Shopping Week harbour swim for me.
    941m open water swim along the harbour. Also shorter distances of 250m and 500m. About 60 folk entered.
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - busy busy busy, well done on the run yesterday and making it out of bed today!
    Hazel - whop, sounds like a good race yesterday
    Els - sounds a god day, only 16 for a HM! That does surprise me.
    Ale - decent 30 mins, nice one.

What : I went outside! First time downstairs in 10 days and with the whole family out (wife at a show in London, eldest at a track meet, youngest working) I took my liberty to the next level!
    Still feel a bit tired and woozy but may try a short run tomorrow (technically day 10 ends today)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Take it easy, Dustin!

I assume PIL is parents in law! And that sounds far too hilly for me, Hazel!

My run was around four and a half k, Els! And don't be scared of a parkrun: no-one cares how slow you are at parkrun!

I assume that was volunteering, Chick! I would have been too tired to even do that! How far away is your parkrun? Fetch website tells me that there are ten within four miles of my house! And twenty within ten!

Decent swimming, OH!

Wonder how Emz and Lucas are doing. 

And I think that you will all know the lyrics once revealed!

Back to the red wine. 

• PIL...guess so Ale! Being stupid!
    Oh well I will endeavour to do a parkrun sometime but barcode scanning next week. 
  • And well done on getting out Dustin...must have felt good!