Sunday 15th August 2021 I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight
I've never seen you shine so bright

Yesterday's were Red, red wine, originally by Neil Diamond but perhaps the UB40 version is best known.

What: short run, longer stretch

Why: Sunday

Will you be at the New Lane, Wabo?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Afternoon(ish), past midday at least already.

PIL are indeed parents-in-law.

Could / should join you with the stretching Ale but would have to get off the sofa first.. 

Good news re. mammography etc Chicksta. Busy Saturday, think you earned the sofa. 

Enjoy the beach reps today Els. Hard or softish sand? Latter would be tough! Speedy parkrun winner. 

Good swimming OH, decent turnout for the event then?

Glad you are out again Dustin, as Ale said, take it easy. 

What: 20m LR
    Why: mara training
    Last hard: ridiculous humidity, not surprising as all next to the river Rhine (hopping between Germany and Switzerland on loops). 
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: yes! Would have used those in the next days myself.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done on 20 miles in the hear, Hazel.

Good you're out and about again, Dustin.

Ale is right, I was volunteering at parkrun (timekeeping). Hopefully I can run next Saturday. A sub 30 would be a good start and a nice post-op PB 😊

Good swimming, OH.

Els: wow, 16:35 is blisteringly fast. I think our course record is 17:30ish. Yesterday's winning time was 18:40. But we also had walkers and kids who finished in 55 minutes.

Ale: the only parkrun around here is 18 miles away. We're third world compared to the UK 😆

7 miles again today including outsprinting a guy in a cotton t-shirt 🤣🤣🤣
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - epic LSR , well done
    Chick - 7 miles, that's good going
    Ale - taking it easy is the only option!
    what - 5 mile walk done with Mrs D, going to do a half hour run later, see if I can!
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
  • Chick - apparently course record was 7s faster but was a visiting runner. Fastest local yesterday and I guess he'll beat it yet! Sounds like you're upping the pace.
    Hazel - nice LSR, hope you don't have to do a PCR test every time you cross the border!
    Dustin bet that felt good to be out for a walk, but don't overdo it until you've recovered!
    After a lot of procrastination, church, baked scones, coffee with friend down the road, read some of my new book etc eventually got out for my beach reps in wind in drizzle, probably not unlike Tiree conditions might be. Only 6.5m though and included getting to beach and back. Will have to do for today. 
    Ale - enjoy the short run.
    Trying to get ourselves on the boat to Hoy for tomorrow's bank hol, have to book even as foot passenger with covid and booking office closed at weekend, so it's a surprise in the morning if we go or not!
    Lyrics - again no. 
    Hope our absent " threadies" are doing OK! 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

I think that there will be one very happy Wabo after that Spurs win!

Great running, Hazel! And please send some heat, and perhaps some to the Orkney Isles too! 

And well done on the 7, Chick!

I would be happy with 6.5, Els! And hope that you get tickets!

Hope that you did indeed take it easy, Dustin!

Only a short run here as got absolutely soaked. And it has only reached 16 degrees at most today. A little longer tomorrow with M76 although it is his cutback week. Will suit me I imagine!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Very happy spurswabo!! Unbelievable, I did not see that happening
    Alehouse nice running
    Els hope you do get to go tomorrow
    Chick well done on the 7!
    Hazel 20! Wow thanks for my points
    Lyrics yes
    What 7 miles off road
    Why Hackney half looming
    Last hard last 5 mins of spurs game 🤣
    Last rest 24/7