Monday 16th August 2021 'Cause I never thought that I'd ever lose

Morning!

Lyrics: 'Cause I never thought that I'd ever lose
Your love dear, why'd you do me this way?

Yesterday's were Lady in Red, Chris de Burgh

What: 30 to 40 mins with M76 plus stretches

Why: his easy week, plus didn't stretch enough yesterday

The Blues fans may be singing today's lyrics, Wabo!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Was just thinking about lyrics but didn't get any further than that - sorry.

Have a nice run with M76 Ale.  The heat has gone elsewhere for the next few days (thank goodness!)  did you get some?

No parkrun at all here chicksta so you are lucky to have one at least.  Post-op PBs could be a good motivation for you. 

Did you do your run Dustin?

No need to test for crossing the border CH-DE at the moment Els - only if you are not vaccinated or recovered or in DE for longer than 24 hours.  I did consider carrying my phone with the digital certificate (I'm vaccinated) as spot checks are possible but decided I was only ever a couple of miles from the car!    Good mix of activities to initially put off going out for your run.  Hope you got the boat sorted so you can get away for the bank holiday today.

Good miles Wabo.

What: recovery (3-4)
    Why: loosen up the legs
    Last hard: last few days runningwise - hot, humid, a race with downhilling and a 20.  Hope I will recover quickly as I also have a HM at the weekend (MP run rather than race)
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no today.
  • Lyrics..no again!
    Ale enjoy your run in company.
    Hazel was sort of joking about the border tests! Where is your HM at weekend...that will be 2 of us...also just aiming for a steady run and likely to be last in a v small field!
    No Hoy for us today and it's a lovely morning but have provisionally booked ferry for Friday instead.
    Might be a line scapa loop for me tonight as everyone dropping out. Got to do a long run tomorrow so that's ok.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Glad that you got tickets for Friday, Els! Wish I could join you!

And you definitely need an easy day today, Hazel! Haven't had any heat for a while now: might have nudged 20 on the odd day. Managed to avoid the showers on today's run with M76, but it is only 12 degrees. 

What: 33 minutes with M76

Why: all he wanted to do due to a cutback week. And all I wanted to do today: last week ran 43 minutes and it was too much for my current state of fitness. Just right today I hope!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - good going, sounds fun with the M76
    Hazel - good to see an easy day or two on the card after a heavier weekend!
    Els - enjoy the loop later!
    Wabo -nice result yesterday

What - a run!
    Why - I can!
    last rest - last 10 days
    last hard - last 10 days
    Back into London so the usual 9k loop of Wapping/Thames path. Nothing too fanciful pace wise, and no real issues, was just nice to be plodding again.
    lyric - not sure I do

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hey, well done, Dustin. You're back 👍🏻

That's a lot of tough sessions in a row, Hazel.

Enjoy the loop tonight, Els.

Sounds like a good compromise, Ale.

What: 7 miles again
    Why: because could
    Lyrics: no
  • Wish it was all just a joke with the testing Els.  No checks at the border itself but you can be stopped and checked - with a Swiss number plate on my car it could happen (same as for customs).  

HM is a small localish affair.  There is a 50k ultra taking place around Lake Bienne and also an HM (out and back).  I did toy with the 50k but didn't want to risk running that distance in hot weather.  I will be using the HM as MP race practice.  Could be quite a lonely affair with 16 HM participants on the list at the moment.  Shame about Hoy today - good luck with Friday.

One MLR mid-week and the HM on Saturday - recovery otherwise this week.  More or less sticking to P&D - Friday's race replaced the 6m LT run.   All is well therefore  ;)  

Good to see you made it out for a run Dustin! 
  • Dustin...good to be going again!
    Hazel....both of us doing a lonely HM then!
    Speaking of which a solo loop run too....not so good.
    Had a walk up the hill this morning and decided to jog down...thought had a stone in shoe but turns out was a nail in sole of trainer. Only penetrated the foam when running so had to walk home!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all, really busy day in the office sorry I'm behind with you all!!
    Hazel nice training, hope the easy  was nice today
    Alehouse nice to see you running with m76
    Blimey els that was lucky with that nail!!
    Go for it Dustin! Well you've gone for it by now
    Anyway
    What 2 miles recovery before work
    Why busy busy
    Last hard that
    Last rest 24/7
    Club has cancelled the track for August so me and Mates are going there anyway to do the session set! Tomorrow that is
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics no ??? Lol
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can