Tuesday 17th August 2021 We skipped the light fandango

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: We skipped the light fandango
Turned cartwheels 'cross the floor

Yesterday's colour related song was Singing the Blues, Guy Mitchell originally but much covered

What: probably a short run and longer stretch

Why: heavy rain at present

Enjoy the track, Wabo! 

Lucky with the nail, Els!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Ouch Els, that could have turned nasty indeed. 

Good luck with the track today Wabo, shame no club sessions for a while but the inofficial mates group sounds good too.

Fingers crossed the rain eases off Ale.

What: likely group run later
    Why: Tuesday, likely because right quad still a bit domsy-niggly (left ok) and I might not want to do the steeper downhill bits on our standard route
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: familar, might be mixing it up with a different song though.
  • Lyrics...got it!
    Enjoy your runs today folks.
    Waiting for bus to stromness for a coastal long run. Not sure about this as awake most of night grappling with Tiree logistics.  Seems a lot of to ing and fro ING the day before in order to register and then get back to our distant abode evening before event.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning 
    lyrics yep
    Sad news yesterday, one of our dearest, sweetest and also fastest club mates passed away.  Such a sweet guy and the only one I let off calling me Christine and not Christina.   :'(
    ELs hope the run goes ok
    hazel enjoy the group run
    alehouse good on the long stretch (well not the criminal type) and short run!!

What: 4x300,4x400,4x300 recovery 90 secs
    why: cos the coach set it
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 24/7

have a good day all, 3rd day on the trot in the office!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry to hear your news, Wabo

Hope  that the quad eases, Hazel!

And the long run went to plan, Els!

Got fed up with waiting for the weather to improve. It didn't. Non-stop rain and cold at just 13 degrees at noon on a summer's day! Another 30 minutes banked though. Hope to stretch later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Wabo...sad news about your club mate.

Home and dried out...bit of a drizzly overcast day. Got the job done but slower than last time on this route. 20m initially then had some snacks and cuppa from the shop and since it was chilly and a while until bus time did another 2 slow miles....ultra style. Dunno where the last 13 miles are going to come from.
    Not quite that cold here Ale but not too much warmer...I'd guess 14/15.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your clubmate's passing, wabo. That's so sad. Hope your mate doesn't blow you out again ;) 

Nice long run, Els. Shocking thing about that nail. That could have turned nasty. 

16 is a low number, Hazel. Shame that racing is still so hit and miss. 

Ale: Same shit weather here. I got soaked as well. 

Ran to the orhopod today to pick up my second pair of orthotics. Going there by car is a total nightmare (no parking) and it's only 2.5 miles from the gym :) So I combined a little run with a necessary chore.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - really sorry to hear about your club mate. Thoughts with you today. Decent sounding session today too!
    Hazel - hope the DOMS has eased
    Chick - good planning!
    Ale - hope you dodged the rain today?!
    Els - lucky escape with the nail, that could have turned nasty. Good work today.

What - club session, 6x600s (200) 
    Why - coaching & on the schedule
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - that was, didn't go "full beans" but I wasn't making up the numbers either. Glad to be stepping out the comfort zone.
    lyric - yes indeed.

In case you missed it, London 2022 is now pushed back to October (rather than April), so it looks like I just delayed summer marathon training for a year. Manchester now a possibility for the spring...(or I stick to shorter stuff!)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Take it easy Dustin!
    And got very wet today. Stopped raining eventually bout four...but drizzling again now!
    And you know that Manchester next year makes sense!

Sounds tough, Els. Am sure you will be fine with the distance when you pin a number on!