Options

Saturday 21st August 2021 ...with black curtains near the station

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: ...with black curtains near the station
Black roof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings

Hope all goes well for anyone pinning a number on today, or nearly pinning a number on at parkrun

What: parkrun, possibly

Why:  company on my longest run of the week. Will see how I feel when I get there.
My last parkrun was just before lockdown in 2020, and I paced a friend around; sadly I learned last night that he passed away during the week following a heart attack, aged 73. He was racing at our local 5k series only a couple of weeks ago. Very sad indeed. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning All

What - A few miles run / walk and some random press ups/sit ups / weights
    Why - Got fat over lockdown and decided I didn't like it.

Alehouse - Sorry to hear about your friend

New account as been so long I don't remember the passwords for my old one.
    Need the routine of logging my daily training , hopefully it'll help me stick at it.

Lyrics - Still no , never ever.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Morning!

Good to see you after all this time Joe! Currently the lyrics have a "colour" theme! Hope we can help shift that weight! 

What: South Manchester parkrun

Why: benchmark. Started off steadily and gradually picked up the pace.
    5:40, 5:33, 5:30, 5:26,4:42 approximately for 26:51 ish. I had in mind that I would be happy with anything under 30...

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Very sad about your friend Ale.
    Good parkrun time for you, I would be gunning for about 31m if I did one but instead had a miserable time barcode scanning.  Cold and my phone froze up at crucial time and had to be restarted missing first batch of finishers. Fortunately other scanner had more luck. Now trying to warm up at home.
    Hi Joe! I rarely get the lyrics!
    Hope Hazel has a good race.
    Legs tired from walking/long runs this week, not boding well for tomorrow! Baking a fruit cake to warm the place up.
  • Options
    Few more pics from yesterday.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Lovely pics (as always) Els!
    Hey Joe, good to see you, stick around!
    Ale - really sorry to hear about your friend, thoughts with you today. 
    Cracking park run time though after the recent months.
    I hope Hazel is rehydrating properly!!
    Chick - not sure I'm fully recovered, still a bit tired/fatigued but don't seem to have any lingering symptoms.

What - 10 miles fields & lanes
    Why - seeing how (un)comfortable "long" is plus getting it done today, I'm track timing for the kids league tomorrow.
    last rest - last week
    last hard - that was tbh, just about on the limit 
    lyric - not sure I do today

• Options
    Evening

Sorry to hear about your friend Ale.  Fine parkrun result - a good chunk under your expectations and nice progression too.

Lovely pics Els - glad you got a nice day on Hoy.  Good walking and good luck for your race tomorrow!

Sensible plan Chicksta regarding rebuilding mileage.  I remember you had trained for an ultra pre-pandemic - maybe a long term goal?

Hi Joe - don't think we have met before - good luck with restarting.

"Proper" rehydrating a bit later Dustin - AF beer and plenty of water so far.  Well done on the 10 miles and good luck with the timing tomorrow.

Yesterday's lyrics were True Colors by Cyndi Lauper.

What: localish HM - 2nd lady (of 6 I believe), 1:42:xx time - can't remember what they called out and official results not yet online.
    Why: MP / race practice
    Last hard: that was - went off a bit too fast and suffered in the heat / sun, carp night's sleep didn't help either
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no

Will write more later / tomorrow.. Prize was a half litre beer glass which needs filling with proper beer soon. (just one though).  If I had been first lady (no chance - she ran 1:33:xx) I would have won a big bottle of beer to put in it!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Well done, Hazel! A summer half can be tough! What was the course like? Enjoy using the prize!

Ten sounds good, Dustin, although if you were on your limit that does suggest that you haven't fully recovered from the Covid...and that you need to take it easy still!

Enjoyed the pictures, Els...and hope you enjoy tomorrow!

Joe: how many marathons did you get up to? Anything planned or is that some way off?

Emz: they have changed the course at "our" parkrun! Probably for the better on the whole but the "dig in hard" after 3 and a half k comes in a totally different place! And I did dig pretty deep from 3.5! Hope you are better! Time that you were, and time you ventured north!
  • Options
    Hazel - well done indeed! And enjoy the beer in your winner's glass!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Lyrics a big yes! I literally started singing them
    Alehouse so sorry to hear about your friend.
    Hazel great result well done!!
    Alehouse well done on the park run
    Dustin nice miles!
    Els great photos, sounds tough volunteering this morning
    Joe hi and welcome back, think you're not alone in the weight gain!
    What only a mile
    Why too much prosecco last night with neighbours
    Last hard that mile just now
    Last rest 24/7
    Had a good family meet up today at London bridge, my mum came all the way from Ramsgate by train and we met her there. To meet a half nephew, ww2 story. He was my uncles son who he never knew about and we connected via DNA website. 
    8 miles in the morning
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Ale so sorry to hear about your friend.  Great parkrunning though!  I do need to head your way again, but our friends are coming down here to see us instead this time!

Hazel, amazing well done!

Lovely pics Els

Nice family meetup Wabo.

So I ran!  Only 4.3 km and I ran/walked the final 1 km, but it was better than nothing.  Found it hard and breathing (chest not out of breath) was tough.

First run in about 5 weeks can you believe it!

Have a great weekend all.
  • Options
    Els - Lovely pics , but don't think much of your airBnB.

Hazel - Don't think we met before , I was on here regularly probably ten yrs back eek. I've popped back from time to time since . Nice half and a podium :-)

Ale - I think I got up to somewhere around 150 before getting bored , only run / walking 6M at the moment. Have been for 2 weeks now so have started checking out mara's around the end of the year lol.

Wabo - Hi ya, long time :-)

Got up to 15.5st around Christmas / New Year and needed to make a change. Now under 13st so can actually run but still heavy so run / walking so I don't over do it early doors.

I wouldn't want to run an serious distance being over 12st ideally closer to 11 so still quite a bit of blubber to shift.
    Is losing a stone a month reasonable :-o