Tuesday 31st Aug - Well I saw the thing comin' out of the sky

Lyrics - Well I saw the thing comin' out of the sky, it had the one long horn, and one big eye

No idea about yesterday's lyrics.

Like a few of you, I had a rest day yesterday too, not even any walk or stretching - boys back to school today (and the youngest starts P1) so we were getting stuff ready. Probably an easy run today

Love the tractor shirt

Hope nothing is too sore or stiff today Ale

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! 

Lyrics: great choice, Chamolk! I teach this to little ones as part of a unit on monsters! No singing allowed at present in schools though. Hope the return to school goes to plan!

Yesterday's were Golden Brown, The Stranglers.

What: short run

Why: ran longer yesterday so being careful. May stretch as well.

Then off to cricket again.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Size 10 tractor shirt emzap please - do you also have one with combine harvesters?  Choc and wine as fuelling options sound good to me. 

Was that the full round with M76 Ale?  I remember you were working on doing that.  Enjoy the cricket again today.

Hope the return to school goes smoothly chamolk. 

What: group + a few solo miles
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no, lessons on monsters sound interesting though
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, that was his standard Monday route, Hazel. Enjoy the group run!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz - loving the shirt!
    Chamolk - cool work with the HM PB, sub 90 a shoo in next time!
    Hazel - enjoy the group run
    Ale - good to see you did the full M76 loop
    Chick - good to see you're being sensible yesterday!

What - club night, marathon set of 5x800 + some extra miles
    Why - getting back in the groove
    last rest - 16 days
    last hard - going to be today
    lyric - not sure I do

Yesterday was 45 easy trail minutes then a day in London as it was #2 last day as a teenager!
    Speedboat ride out down the Thames to the flood barrier, past the XR protesters, some drinks, some dinner, some more drinks and home.
    Tired today...

• Morning all. Lyrics, another no but sounds interesting one!
    Chamolk, me too on the rest day yesterday though did do a 5k walk in the evening, the midges were out!
    Hazel, I'm with you on the choc but not the wine. Did a lot of eating yesterday despite no running!
    Emz, nice stitching, not my forte though I like to knit.
    Ale your friend is a creature of habit then!
    Dustin, trail miles are the best.
    Yoga and housework for me this morning, run with my Aberdeen radiographer friend after she finishes work, but no trails as she had a bad fall recently (from her bike). Need to plan a route with no trails!
    Getting sorted for Tiree - hopefully.
    Have a good day all.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Em: nice bit of sensible fuel there with choc an wine ;) 

Sounds like a busy day, Els

Dustin: Wow, I'd love to do a speedboat ride on the Thames. Happy birthday to #2

Hazel: Hope the group outing is fun. 

ale: I should have known yesterday's lyrics

So, summer is over then, chamolk. Hope the kids settle into the new routine without major hiccups.

What: 10k with 5 x 1k intervals on the treadmill
    Why: My heart needs to learn how to work harder
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Sounds a tough session, Chick! As does this evening's session, Dustin! And yesterday sounded good: hope your youngest enjoyed it!

When do you set off for Tiree, Els

111k for August, so heading back in the right direction. And stretches done after my short run this morning. 

Cricket was cold: 14 degrees with a cool breeze making it feel cooler. Lots of people with hats and gloves or hoods up. I managed to find a decent seat inside the pavilion for a few hours having found it too chilly outside during the morning. 

And where's Wabo?
  • Ale sounds chilly sitting outside!
    Off to Tiree Fri morning, well we get as far as Oban and then Ferry early Sat morning. 4 and a half hours sailing I believe.
    Hope Wabo's back soon!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I'm here
    Goodness it's a bit chilly at home tonight but the girls are with me and we've had a night in Egypt! So the desert does get cold at night right?
    Alehouse nice one on the whole loop and on August miles! 
    Els lots of sailing! I love boats. Your poor friend! I'm being so careful lately I don't need anymore falls
    Chick I bet your heart soon will learn! Nice treadmill session
    Dustin hope club training was good, the London day sounds great
    Chamolk I feel I know your lyrics but not sure, kids going back feels so sudden!! 
    The girls last weekday sleepover for a bit
    Did my 10 miles yesterday, so slow but I felt ok. Bumped into a club mate today same age as me and he said he can't run as he has OA he said to me forget the speed be glad you can! He's right of course.
    What 1 mile errand run, then 1.3 off road plod recovery
    Why things to do
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 24/7
    I'll give you a funny photo of how i am dressed for the Egypt night
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Kaftan and fez
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap love that t shirt!! Hope you're all good now
    Alehouse I did know there lyrics yesterday and I thought I posted lol