Tuesday 21st Sept - come over to the window my little darling

Lyrics - Come over to the window my little darling, I'd like to try to read your palm

Unfortunately so Dustin, didn't get any runs in last week at all after Monday. Made myself go out yesterday evening before work, as I'm getting a bit worried now about the Manchester half. Knocked out a 20:18 5k which made me feel a bit better. Need to get a few of my tested half marathon sessions done soon, if I've any hope of doing well in the race - 3-4 x 2 mile at race pace, and 8 mile race pace within the next 7-10 days hopefully.

Just managed to scan the last day or two - enjoying the pics

Comments

• Morning

Great 5k time chamolk - glad you got out.  Make sure you don't do too much catch up before your half though - but I do understand the need to do a couple of decent runs for confidence and testing race pace.

Hope you travelled well Ale.

Nice little streak you have going Dustin. 

Knee problems Elspeth?

chicksta - what is making me nervous pre mara logistics wise is the covid certificate check as I'm not sure how much time to calculate in for that. 

What: group
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics:  no
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Perry Como with What did Delaware (What did Della wear)

What: at least one short run

Why: first short run d&d before breakfast
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hiya
    What - 8.5 miles up to Viccy Park and round the back of the Olympic Stadium
    Why - not going to make training tonight so making the most of the sunshine
    last rest - 14/08
    last hard - I guess that should have been, added a few quicker miles (low 7s) but not as knackered as I should be. Took a while to get going though.
    lyric - dont think so
  • That's speedy, chamolk :) 
    Hope things calm down for you and you can plan your runs better. 

Sunshine sounds great, Dustin. All dull and grey here. 

Hazel: Understandable. You don't want to be too early coz you'll end up freezing but at the same time you don't want to be too caught in a vaccination bar code scanning queue. Difficult. 

10 and a bit k run this morning. First time in tights and a long sleeve as temps are now down to one digit. Brrrrr. 
  • Afternoon! 

Decent miles again, Chick! I've been wearing traksters and long sleeves most of the summer, it seems, but not today.

What: a fair amount of walking then the second run of the day. 1km warm up, 3km around tempo pace, warm down. Hard to cool down though as not used to the heat.

Why: sun was out, sky was blue, had a long stretch of prom in front of me. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hmm knee definitely not happy. Walk with C, Ellie and R this morning then 3.5 mile run in the afternoon. Coffee and cake with Peter and going to join the others for dinner.
    Nice running folks, hoping knee settles soon. Still warm and still here.