Last rest 24/7

Car at mother in law's, not looking forward to driving in this fog😱
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Morning!

Lyrics: no. And early enough today! 

Hope you found the car, Wabo! And the drive was ok! Just grey here!

By coincidence I went to the Armitage Fitness Suite yesterday before parking outside The Battered Cod for my short run to the east along the Fallowfield Loop, Dustin! Holiday sounds nice and active!

What: run with M76

Why: he raced on Saturday so only wants 40 minutes rather than longer. I may or may not do more.

Any improvement, Hazel?

Edit: yesterday's lyrics were The Everly Brothers with Cathy's Clown.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    yep found  car and did just a mile, it was so foggy at home but not so bad on the roads
    Alehouse enjoy your run!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Take care in the fog Wabo. 

Have a nice run with M76 Ale - good to see him still racing.  Not sure about any improvement - still discomfort on walking but swelling has at least improved quite a bit.  Cycling didn't really produce a reaction but was careful how I pedalled.  I had to make a quick step around the cat heading on a direct line to the biscuits earlier which wasn't popular with my leg - next time I will keep on collision course but it might be noisy! 

I'm not overly bothered about losing the streak - I was planning on breaking it post mara anyway.  If anything it is annoying that it wasn't a running injury that stopped it.

Glad you had a nice time in the lakes Dustin.  Travel well today.

Sympathies with the struggles with the church service yesterday OH.  Hope the swim compensated.

What: would like to try a short jogette but likely not a good idea 
    Why: lovely weather and want to go out at least for a little while
    Last hard: frustrated..
    Last rest: likely 18.10.21

Lyrics: no
  • Morning again!

Hazel: hope you get out...but remember to walk before you run!

What: 44 minutes with M76

Why: all M76 wanted to do...and I was in complete agreement. 

Cross training later: supermarket/ironing/gardening. The latter may well be rain affected.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon!

Was just wondering how Chick is doing: back from holiday yet? 

Did you manage any exercise, Hazel?

Foul day here so only the first two parts of my cross training. Fortunately my run was dry; rained shortly afterwards. Has just about stopped after about 6 hours! 
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Morning Surgery
    30m aqua walking/jogging
    A bit more AV setup for kirk
    PING
    NHS Scotland Test and Protect: Ref: Xxxxxxxxxx
    Dear PETER, This is a message from NHS Scotland's Test and Protect Service. You have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19). You should self-isolate up to and including 2021-10-25. Test and Protect may contact you from an 0800 number.
    Please book a PCR test (unless you have had a positive test result in the last 90 days) by visiting https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-testing. For help with booking, call 119.
    If your PCR test result is negative you may stop isolating if you are under 18 OR 14 days have passed since your second vaccine dose. ...

LFT  done Negative ... PCR booked and done.
    The "contact" had actually prewarned me by about an hour (asymptomatic but routine LFT positive).
    Expecting negative result but grounded until test results back.

Shame about letting down work tomorrow but at least I got the aqua jogging in first which I am cautiously hopeful might be beneficial.

Lyrics No
  • Sorry to hear that, OH! Does that affect Els, also?
    How quickly do you expect the result? 
  • Self isolation rules don't affect Elspeth unless I actually prove positive.
    PCR result is being expedited and have been told to expect result text within 24h.
    So hopefully back to work on Wednesday ...

Brother in London also Pinged while my nephew's partner is positive in SE England (with my sister's family all getting PCR'd)
    Covid is far from getting kicked into touch ...