Sunday 24th October 2021 What's her name?

Morning!

Lyrics: What's her name?
Xxxxxxxxx xxxxx

Unusually, the last two lines!

Yesterday's were The Four Tops with Bernadette. A favourite (the song, not the girl!)

Well volunteered, Lucas (and Emz). Lots of seasonal sewing coming up?

What: probably a short run plus fitness suite

Why: easy run after two MLRs in two days. And need to stretch. And it's rather wet.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Ale 2 MLRs, that's extreme!
    Lyrics nope.
    Only 5k for me yesterday, after a rough couple of days with a cold and horrible weather was all I managed. Gotta do better today! Struggling a bit to get the miles in this week!
    Made some double choc chip cookies yesterday, a bit overbaked so next batch will be better I hope! Got to think about Christmas cake next weekend!
    Emz - sorry about your race. Well done to Lucas, think if I'd been 2 years old would have not been a happy marshal yesterday!
    Hazel - not long now until your race. 
    Covid boostered on Thurs, now it's not called Pfizer anymore but Cominarty! Honestly, how wierd.
  • The MLRs were only about 45 minutes or so, Els! Certainly not MLRs by your standards!
    Never heard of Cominarty!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Had a lovely London spa break with my daughter, late birthday treat for her from me. We had a great time. 
    Nice couple of days running alehouse
    Els sounds like you've done since good long running stuff!!
    What 5 miles maybe
    Why I have to
    Last hard last night only a mile though
    Last rest 24/7

Not looking forward to football today, almost certain spurs will be beaten!!! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hello everyone 👋🏻

Time I popped back in. Rainy holiday with a few hilly trail runs thrown in and a self-imposed social media hiatus. Been back since last week but somehow I couldn't make my account work.

Anyway, here I am and very happy to report my first 50 mile week and that's looking run of 20k 😃

Haven't read back but I hope everyone is ok.

Spa break sounds lovely, wabo.

It's always been called Comirnaty here, Els. I think that's what the vaccine is called. Pfizer (in the UK) and BioNtech (in Germany) are the companies who developed it. I wish I could get a booster but they only give it to the over 70s here.

Is it almost marathon time for you, Hazel? Taper well 😊

Have a lovely Sunday, all.

• Chick - good to see you back, struggling to get anywhere near that mileage here! Well done! Good holiday then?
    Only got booster because nhs staff - though levels had been low we have had 34 new cases this weekend (total population 20 000 )so going the wrong way.
    Wabo - nice to have a weekend with your daughter! 
    Much nicer day today, 7m or just over first bit with Peter. 
  • Afternoon!

Great to see you, Chick! And a 50 mile week sounds a lot! Well done!

What: short run plus fitness suite

Why: long tomorrow

Not a good result for your team, Wabo...but happy with mine!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - Yay you're back! Epic mileage , must be good to be back to those sort of totals again!
    Wabo - spa break sounds ideal
    Ale - good work with the MLRs this week
    Els - cookies you say? Any spare? :D 

what - 75 minutes trails then set up Junior XC course, timekeep/marshal, then send out results
    why - stretching the legs, get the youngsters racing!
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - getting team managers to send in full team declarations.....
    lyric - think I do ...

• Evening

Yep, good to see chicksta back and with a great week's mileage too. Shame the weather wasn't so great for your hols.

Xposted with you yesterday OH. Well done on your parkrun.

Glad you are feeling better Dustin.

MLRs sound good to me Ale

Any side effects from the booster Els? Also must start thinking about the C-cake soon. Seasonal biccies are alreday in the shops but haven't seen any choc Santas yet.

Nice treat from your daughter Wabo.

What: last MLR, 19k with 8 faster, also cycled to and from run
    Why: Plan
    Last hard: cycling the hill home. Will lock the bike away for a few days now.
    Last rest: 23.10.21

Lyrics: no
  • Evening!

Take it easy now, Hazel! And I meant to say balancing with my eyes closed is a work in progress.

Nice work in several respects, Dustin! 

Could be very interesting from 5:30 next Saturday, Wabo!
  • Dustin...a few left if you get up here fast....though I think the next batch may be better!
    I quite like a balance pose in yoga whereas anything that requires arm strength is a non starter!
    Nice biking Hazel! No obvious booster side effects though I started with a bad cold day before it so sneezing coughing etc for 2 days. But can't blame the booster for that!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel the treat was for my daughter from me lol , but of course it's a win win for me
    Unlike spurs, told you ale, happy for you though. I'll be at the game next week, who knows what to expect
    Chick nice to see you, excellent miles!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can