Monday 25th October 2021 You don't have to put on the red light

Morning!

Lyrics: You don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your body to the night

Another girl's name, which precedes the above. Running out of names now! Can anyone suggest a new theme please?

Yesterday's were Virginia Plain, Roxy Music.

What: about an hour, plus stretches

Why: I try to run longer on a Monday, although M76 isn't available to run today
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Shame M76 isn't available for you to run with today Ale.

Theme: hmm.. how about friends?  Don't know if it will work but maybe will find a few.. Could start one tomorrow for example, might have been used in the past though.

What: couple of miles walk later
    Why: tapering and no strenuous cross training so just gentle exercice to get out of the door and enjoy the weather
    Last rest: 25.10.21

Lyrics: familiar
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Afternoon!

All suggestions for a theme are welcome, Hazel! And take it easy!
    We could of course go back to the running-related or topical lyrics. 

What: bus run

Why: made a change. Got the bus and ran back for  65 minutes. Hard work. Think I was over-dressed as I had expected rain: just the odd light shower early in the run. 

Edit: weigh in. 10 stone 3, so 10 lbs lost in almost exactly 6 months. Would like to see another half a stone off by Easter next year!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - well done with both weight loss and the long run. Pity M&^ couldn't come out to play
    Hazel - taper easy!

What - 7 miles including 10x100 strides
    Why - scheduled "lighter" day
    last rest - 15/10
    last hard - last week
    lyric - possibly , yes
  • Sea swim, pool aqua walking, 5k Monday night group of 2.
    Not quite sure what theme of "friends" would involve ...
    Don't know today's lyrics
  • Yes to lyrics. So we're still at girls' names 😊

Hope there's no taper madness yet, Hazel.

Well done on the weight loss, ale. I sometimes do bs runs when the wind is unfavourable 😉

Strides are a good idea, Dustin. I need to get back to speed work.

So, a sensible day here 😇 with just a walk. It's early days and I don't want to go crazy on miles.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Thought I'd posted yesterday. Instead of the race I'd planned to do (but not yet entered) I did 10km on hilly trails.

Today club with 20 min of 800m effort, 400 recovery. I think about 7km in total with warm up and cool down.

Lyrics yes!

We could do weather related lyrics...

Have a lovely evening all