Friday 29th October 2021 When you're down and troubled

Morning! 

Lyrics: When you're down and troubled
And you need some lovin' care

I hope no-one minds, but a new theme, as suggested by Hazel: "Friendship".
Emz, I think we have already had "weather": I remember trying to think of rain and sunshine lyrics!

A bad night's sleep due to a stinking cold which has come out of nowhere; hope that it goes as quickly.

What: some running

Why: marking out a 3k cross country lap this pm so will run that at least, and probably quite a bit more. Hopefully the rain will have stopped by then.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning! 
    Lyrics - think so. I never got round to using my girls name one, probably too easy anyhow!
    I guess I'm just not dedicated enough for this thread. Don't believe in running before brekkie!

Anyhow just to wish Hazel all the best for her marathon! 

Soup making and start of Christmas cake prep this morning so probably baking it tomorrow afternoon. Now to go for a run, was hoping for some company but no joy!

Enjoy your runs everyone!
  • Morning

Sorry to hear about the cold Ale.  Fresh air will likely do you good but don't over do it. Hope the rain stops in time.

Thanks Els.  I rarely run before brekkie either - only if I have to get out early because of the heat in the summer for example.  Have a nice run and I can almost smell the cake already.

Well done on getting the 9 miles done straight out of bed Chicksta. 

Good running by your friend Wabo - likely easier for her in company.

Nice hill session Dustin.

What: recovery with strides
    Why: keeping the legs turning over
    Last rest: 28.10.21
    Last hard: trying to eat plenty of carbs but I don't like it.   Also trying to keep well hydrated. 

Lyrics: Should know this one for sure.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - hope the sniffles don't impact the course measuring too much. Well done for doing that. I'm sure the athletes will appreciate it.
    Hazel - Best of luck for the weekend
    Els - excellent kitchen skills, enjoy the solo outing

What - 45 mins easy
    Why - recovery 
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - yesterdays hills
    lyric - I want to say yes
    Looks like I'm going to get drenched, heavens just opened.
    I'll just pretend its a XC day...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Lyrics oh yes a favourite!
    Dustin enjoy the easy run, hope you don't get drenched either!!
    hazel enjoy the recovery run - what marathon are you doing?
    ELs I prefer a run before breakfast, though not if I do serious miles - enjoy your run
    Alehouse take care of the cold!!
    WHat: mile only this morning
    why: no time, driving to Ramsgate after work to see mum
    last hard: this morning, got a bit wet not much though
    last rest: 24/7

Off to do the pegwell bay park run tomorrow morning again, see if I can improve on last time

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Gute Besserung, ale. A lot of people with colds near me as well. So far I've been able to dodge it. 

Els: After yesterday I don't believe in pre-breakfast runs either ;)

Happy carb loading, Hazel

Hope your mum is well, Wabo

8.5 miles this morning. But I was able to drink my coffee and eat a banana beforehand. 

Have a good weekend, all. 
  • Dustin - hope you didn't get too wet! 
    Chick - doing big miles!
    Ale - so many colds around, get well!
    Wabo - enjoy the trip to your mum's.
    Glad I ran this morning as now tipping down. It was actually a lovely run with no wind and a low mist, glassy seas and watching all the outer isles boats coming and going. Bit too much of solitary runs lately though. 8.4 miles. 
    Baking of the cake left for tomorrow, just soaking fruit etc today but also making an apple and pear cobbler and preping some bread. Nice to have a day at home.
  • Evening!

Not had time to read back but I notice some baking from Els

Spent four and a half hours marking out the cross country relay course. Could have done with some help! Ran out of stakes...and daylight! Not sure how far I ran but clocked over 25,000 steps!

Yesterday's lyrics were Lily of Laguna! And feel free to start the lyrics with a girl's name, Els! Or even a friendship song!

Hope you are taking it easy Hazel and eating just the right amount too!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.