WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
Morning all
What something and probably get soaked
Why is pouring and prob will for some time
Last hard yesterday park run
Last rest 24/7
Had a good park run yesterday but legs were painful trying to run back up hill to my mum's!!!
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel good luck today! Hope you have better weather than us here! 
    Els well done on 3rd over 60!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Take care today Alehouse, hope you don't feel worse. Well done on all your hard work yesterday! I am really down about spurs, silly I know but I've been a fan my whole life and is just so bad right now!!!
  • Morning!

Lyrics: 

What Wabo said: something and probably get soaked
    Why: is pouring and prob will for some time

May go to the fitness suite but feeling rough. Just hoping the head cold doesn't shift downwards!

Sounds like parkrun was good, Wabo. And neither of us should mention football. Cricket was good yesterday. 

Hope Hazel is going well. She deserves a decent result after a great block of training. The recent hiccup should be irrelevant! Look forward to the result and report. And better weather than here!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - take it easy and hope you feel better later
    Wabo, Els, Emz well done with your respective runs
    Hope Hazel is smashing it!

What - 2 hours of very sodden and waterlogged trails
    Why - its what we do
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - yesterday: 10x250m muddy hill reps
    lyric - not so sure

• Wasn't to be. Crap day at the office with a big PW.  3:5x:xx. Haven't bothered to look at the official result. Never really got going and struggled with quad issues from km 4 and spent a lot of time in pain. Tried to run it off initially but that didn't work.  2nd round was about getting round with walk breaks to finish.  Did at least manage that but should probably have aborted.

Will write more tomorrow with a bit of reflection. 
  • Afternoon!

Sorry to hear that it wasn't your day, Hazel. Be proud that you finished. The marathon is a tough event! Take time to reflect on both the positives and negatives, and on the excellent training that you have committed to over the many months, which may well serve you well in other events. Onwards and upwards!

Short run today brought up 35k for the week (probably quite a bit more when marking out XC course but kept forgetting to start the watch!) and 161 for October. Gradually making progress...I hope. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear Hazel, but well done for toughing it out and finishing.
    Never easy if there are niggles from such an early stage. 
    As Ale says, you’ve had a solid block of training that will certainly pay dividends next time. 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh hazel, sorry to hear it was a bad day today. But, as ale says, the marathon is a huge achievement in itself so hope you're not feeling too bad about it.

Just a walk to the shops for cream here today. Dad came up for lunch which was lovely. Lucas is completely besotted by grandpa and auntie P.  

Have a lovely evening all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that hazel. Wise words always from alehouse. Take care xx