Saturday 6th November 2021 When you wake up in the morning

Morning!

Lyrics: When you wake up in the morning
And you're shadowed by the darkness of the night

I heard today's sung on the local news programme yesterday as part of the build up to Children in Need.

Yesterday's were Ebony and Ivory, Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder

Go well, Els! And anyone else parkrunning or racing.

What: short run, but hopefully longer than the last few days

Why: cutting back whilst on meds
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    Ale - Mara PB is 3:15 but that was quite a few years ago. 3:19 recent best (2017) not sure I’m there yet but aiming high!

what - 6x250 hills 6x200 shallower hills both on grass. 
    Why - xc prep
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - that was
    lyric - possibly 

Day of coach course (physical prep) then up in London again tonight- New Order at the O2.
    Busy day! 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a fun weekend, Dustin.

Are you feeling better, ale?

Parkrun marshalling for me and then I ran the 5k on my own. Cold and windy.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Slightly better, thanks for asking, Chick! 20 minutes easy d&d. Better than the last few days. Just. Pleasant weather...now pouring! Have binned Monday's long run with M76. 

Hope Els is having fun and OH is capturing it on film!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening

Looking forward to hearing how Els got on, hope all went well.

Good target Dustin! Enjoy your evening in London.

Your turn for parkrun next week Chicksta? Legs feel ok, some twinges on the right if I do a certain movement (think straight leg raise) but otherwise..

Good news you are feeling better Ale, dropping the long run likely a good idea though.

What: local cycling, around 20 miles but with hills
    Why:cross training
    Last hard: itchy feet to run more (patience!)
    Last rest: 06.11.21

Lyrics: familiar again
  • All went reasonably well though my ambition of running more of the uphill back up the viaduct didn't succeed due to a facewind. Otherwise the wind wasn't too bad in the rest of the run. It rained for all but the last mile alternating from steady rain to total deluge around the half way mark! Ran reasonably strongly until half way..then there is a big climb into forestry which was walked, good run down the other side depressingly slow back up the viaduct but the last 4.5 miles down into Killin reasonable running kept going by another runner who told and fried with me. A few mins faster than 2 years ago and ahead of a couple of folk who usually beat me but full results will take a day or two while the poor marshals and RD dry out!
    Peter has a pic of finish but no spectators allowed at checkpoints. Excellent refreshment in the hall afterwards and nice to chat to some folk but quickly got too cold to hang around as was completely soaked!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Nice one, Els! Hope you are dry now!