Wednesday 24th November 2021 - There's a storm on the streets, but you still don't run

Morning

Classical element again today.

There's a storm on the streets, but you still don't run
Watching and waiting for the rain to come

Decent enough turnout yesterday evening - the standard 4.

Hope the hills went well yesterday Wabo.

Ditto regarding the club session Dustin - looks like it might have been a toughie.

What: some sort of speedwork
Why: midweek thing
Last rest: 22.11.21

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hiya
    Hazel - only 4 for a club run? Enjoy the speedy stuff today

What - easy running plus coaching village rabble tonight
    Why - recovery 
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - yesterday. Few miles w/u then 400 fast/400 steady, 300 fast/300 steady, 200 fast/200 steady. 100 fast/100 steady , 400 easy & repeat x2
    About the best running I've done for months: stayed on the shoulder of the sub 3 guys throughout plus really enjoyed that session. 
    lyric -possibly
  • Oopps - got my elements in a twist.  It is actually a chemical element.. Sorry.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Even if it is a chemical element I don't know the lyrics lol
    Hazel hope the speedwork was or is good
    Dustin enjoy the rabble it sounds lovely! And what a good session you had yesterday!
    Hazel yep I am happy to say I did a one mile w/u 6 efforts up my hill which equalled another mile (inc jog down) then a mile w/d.  So happy I did it
    What: commute running later
    why: trying to be clever and mix things up
    last hard: last night 
    last rest: 24/7
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    today will be 123 on this current streak.....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Day 128 here I think, Wabo!

Lyrics: no

What: short run after work then persuaded myself to do four strides afterwards

Why: time I strode out. Strides were fine actually, not that they were very quick. Concentrating on style. First five minutes of the run was dire but then loosened up. 

Yesterday's lyrics were The Elements by Tom Lehrer. From 1959, and included elements up to 102, i.e. the ones known at the time. It is sung to the tune of the Major General's Song in Gilbert and Sullivan's The Pirates of Penzance. We now have 118 elements to choose from!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.