Saturday 27th November 2021 Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city

Morning!

Lyrics: Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty

Struggling to think of element songs, but this contains neon!

What: something this pm

Why: may be less windy by then. Or not. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Quiet today but often so on Saturday.

Hope the wind situation improves Ale. Or maybe a bus out and get blown home sort of run if you have a suitable route?

What: recoveryish before breaky
    Why: race tomorrow and catching some sun before the snow showers -lucky timing.
    Last hard: correct pacing, ran by feel and it was a bit fast..
    Last rest: 26.11.21

Lyrics: no
  • Good luck for tomorrow,  Hazel.

Ale: sounds like the weather is horrible everywhere. Sleet and rain here. Brrr 🥶

Sorry to hear about your knee, Els.

That's a smart idea with the car and run/commute, Wabo.

I got my booster jab yesterday and I'm having dreadful side effects. Even worse than after the 2nd shot. Fever and everything just hurts. I hope it's fine by tomorrow.

Sadly this ends my 10k steps per day streak. 258 days completed. But I just can't bring myself to go out there. I'm quite dizzy too.

Anyway, that's enough sorry about myself posting 😊

Have a good weekend, all 😊
  • Chick - oh dear, hope it's short lived! 
    Hazel - a race, exciting, what sort and how far, hope it goes well!
    Ale, hope the wind died down, Lyrics, a rare yes!
    Not the usual sort of Saturday. Stormy night but all OK, light dusting of snow. Knee a little better this morning, can bend it a bit and managed a slow walk into town rather than dragging leg along like I did at work yesterday. Still can't do stairs! Quite worried may be beginning of end of running but lets hope not! Currently would be progress to be able to walk a bit more!
    Went to Stromness with Peter for some light Christmas shopping, everywhere was so quiet, some places not open until 12, quite a contrast from Kirkwall which was buzzing last weekend (we had a pop up ice rink which couldn't get near for queues) and various stalls.
    Guess should be sensible and get on with some household stuff but tempted to go out again before dark before 4pm.
  • Afternoon!

Glad that there is some improvement, Els!

Race well tomorrow, Hazel! What distance?

Really sorry to hear of the reaction, Chick. Hope that you are soon better. Not really what I wanted to hear, from a selfish point of view: I have my booster on Monday and I really am not looking forward to it given what happened after my first jab. 

What: just over 25 minutes. 

Why: all I wanted to do. Despite two short sleeved tops, one long sleeved, one thick jacket, two pairs of bottoms etc I am not sure that I ever really got warm: icy wind burning my face was the main problem. Anyway I got out there!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - lets hope the knee is starting to recover. I'm sure it's not the end of your running career.
    Chick - sorry to hear, but I've heard quite a few people getting bad affects from the booster. Still an impressive streak too.
    Ale - wow that sounds really cold... Good that you got the 25 done.
    Hazel - race well!

What - 6 easy trails. Bitterly cold though, had to wear a long sleeved top!
    Why - Sunday XC league tomorrow so taking it easy today. Not a goal race, just competing for the club. 
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Thursday
    lyric - no
    lyric yesterday had the same element: "Neon Lights" by Kraftwerk. 

• Go well tomorrow, Dustin!

Emz! Hope you are ok! Does the SA/Covid situation affect you? I imagine you are rather busy with sewing etc!