Options

Thursday 2nd December 2021 The nights are colder now

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: The nights are colder now
Maybe I should close the door

Yesterday's seasonal offering was I am a Rock, Simon and Garfunkel.
I was surprised that you didn't recognise them,  OH...but not surprised that Els did!

Hope that your knee continues to improve, Els. And that the arthritis is mild and manageable. 

What: short plod after work 

Why: before it gets dark 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Just looked up from my screen to see fat snowflakes a-whirling outside..

Good luck on getting out before dark Ale.

Ouch to QoP Wabo.

Decent sized mara group you have there Dustin.  Nice LT pace. 

Glad to hear you are recovered from jab no. 3 in the meantime Chicksta.  Good idea to have a running break and a nice area to visit.  Some (German) lyrics immediately popped into my mind involving swimming trunks but I don't think you will need those at the moment. 

Good the x-ray is done Els, not so great on the results though.

Hot Plum Trifle sounds nice OH - but no custard please (shudder...).  Hope you had a nice time at badminton. 

What: some sort of efforts - likely some hills
    Why: depends on conditions
    Last rest: 28.11.21

Lyrics: nope

• Options
    Even home made egg custard ? Hazel

Sitting in GP surgery with no patients although made myself useful finding water cutoff valve after water inlet on water dispenser broke.

No ill effects after an hour's badminton last night.
    More aqua running today.

Lyrics vague familiarity but no.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Hope you are well on the road to recovery chick
    Hazel apparently London had snowflakes at 6 am, I didn't see them! Enjoy the efforts
    alehouse enjoy the plod

What: day 2 of marcothon, so 27 mins run 
    why: I do like a challenge and I have spurs tonight so had to run early
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 24/7
    A bit less ouchy and sluggish this morning, only a little though
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Lyrics - not today!
    Hazel, as a lifelong custard hater even I like hot plum trifle but I guess you could leave it out and still have a nice pud!
    Wabo, had wondered about running daily in Dec, not going to happen now. Well done!
    X Ray not unexpected but not happy about it. Going to try again with a short run at the weekend. Will have to see what happens.
    Been up Wideford, walking, quite icy in places. Now for yoga!
    Have a good day, I've been envious of folk out running but it's better than last week when I couldn't walk normally.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hello!  Sorry I've been AWOL, I've been ill again for 2 weeks.  I'm getting fed up of it now!

I'm doing a Daily December Mile this month, so did 2km yesterday and 3.5 today.  Was going to do 5km today, but went on an errand to pick up some vests for Lucas.  The lady's house was a mile away and I thought I'd be able to run 2 miles with a few vests....well it turned out it was a few more than a few vests, so cut the run a bit short as they were annoying and heavy to carry!

Very icy here!

How's your back OH?  Still causing you trouble?

How are you feeling after the marathon now Hazel?

Wabo ah you're also doing a mile a day :)  I'm also trying to do strength and core with it, and building up slowly, but let's see if I can continue with that!  6 squats, 2 pressups and a 10 sec plank this morning.

Happy Thursday all :)
  • Options
    Good to see you, Emzap. Sorry to hear you're still poorly. Mile a day plus core sounds great. I can't wait to get back into a routine. I feel fat and unfit and the xmas food frenzy hasn't even started.

Els: Darn. Not much you can do about arthritis other than live with it. I have a few fingers joining the party. My knees are quiet and I hope they stay that way.

Els/Hazel: I have your custard portions 😋 I love the stuff.

OH: Glad to hear you're getting better.

Hazel: Is the snow staying or melting again. Had to laugh about the swimming trunks 🤣 were a bit further south than that. Closer to Potsdam than to Berlin.

Super windy here yesterday. It shook some mistletoe out of the trees. Good timing 😊
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap nice to see you, I am doing Marcothon which is 3 miles or 25 mins whichever comes first, being so slow it is 25 mins for me!  Sounds good what you are doing!

• Options
    Chick...I'd be happier with a few stiff fingers but hey...at least seems confined to patellar area just how...hope it can be managed and seems ok after 8m walk and yoga today.
    You are very welcome to my custard rations!
    Trying to motivate trip to shops before dark.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - my apologies I read yesterday as short run because of work, not after! But still you got it done!
    Els/Chick - I'm also available should there be spare custard...
    Wabo/Emz - sounds like a fun challenge!
    Els - sorry to hear about the arthritis, hopefully it can be managed. If you survived yoga , you're doing better than me :D 

What - hour easy offroad am, U11 coaching later
    Why - miles in the bank
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - think it's a no...
  • Options
    Evening!

No apologies needed, Dustin

Enjoy Spurs, Wabo. I need a clean sheet and a Son hat trick for my fantasy team!

And good to see you, Emz!

What: seemed to be lighter today so just over half an hour after work. Even pushed 3k a little in the middle (well more than the plodding that I have been doing). 

Why: have to keep warm somehow. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Clean sheet and son goal ok alehouse?
  • Options
    Yes, better than I feared, Wabo!